In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This condition has the associated symptoms of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and difficulty with hearing.
- Here I don't have to strain to try and get rid of the buzzing and ringing tinnitus that is with me every waking hour.
- Sometimes tinnitus is a symptom of a disease, like an ear infection or Meniere's disease.
- Treatment is based on trying to control the associated symptoms of vertigo, tinnitus and deafness.
- The tinnitus and pain occurred simultaneously while the patient was sleeping.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.