In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campeón masculinecampeona feminine
- But he takes over from Mike Atherton for what could prove to be the most important championship match of the season against the title-holders.
- Injury and illness to Fallon, the six-time title-holder, saw him concede the championship with three weeks still to go.
- New Zealand head the Tri-Nations standings on eight points, one ahead of title-holders Australia with Saturday's winner taking the title.
- Joe Louis did and he was more than a title-holder.
- There is still a long way to go for the golf title-holders but last weekend's marvellous 25-11 victory over Leeds at West Bowling has put the team in a buoyant mood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.