In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To determine the exact concentration, titrating the hydrochloric acid against a solution of base, for example sodium hydroxide, would be appropriate.
- This solution was titrated with the HSA fragment by adding small amounts of an ~ 0.3 mM protein solution in the aqueous buffer and recording the spectrum after incubation for a few minutes after each addition.
- Aliquots of the peptide solution were titrated to the micelle solution to reach a peptide-to-micelle molar ratio of 1: 220.
- The calorimetric profiles were nonlinear with increasing slope for the case when DNA was titrated into lipid solution, and the endpoint was rate dependent.
- A specific weight of the compound is titrated with a known concentration of acid or base until the equivalence point has been reached.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.