1de un lado a otro
- What is dramatised is not only the margin, but also the movement to and fro, the passage, or transition between reality and representation.
- All I Wanna Do Is Rock edges its way out of the speakers, the wind blowing the sound to and fro, Fran Healy's voice the only constant as the guitars shift in and out of auditory focus.
- Jiggle a mass to and fro and it will send out waves of gravitational energy, akin to the way a ball that is bounced on a trampoline sends vibrations across the canvas.
- Hence its life swings like a pendulum to and fro between pain and boredom, and these two are in fact its ultimate constituents.
- The first sheep he found were in a neighbor's paddock, and Bert began working the sheep to and fro to Davey Sutherland's whistled commands.
- I was suddenly aware of the breezes rustling the grasses, tossing the branches of the trees to and fro, dashing the leaves against each other.
- But we kicked the flier to and fro, and it was fun.
- Rocking to and fro on his heels, he clasped his hands behind his back and waited for him to speak.
- The medical person moves the limb to and fro slowly to estimate resistance.
- The moon is full and it draws the waters to and fro.
- To create his strangely evocative forms, he poured a small amount of the liquid onto paper, which he then swirled across the surface by tipping the sheet to and fro.
- Flickering to and fro in a fierce battle of dominance, the flames of the fire sparkled with gold and orange flares.
- Swinging to and fro below, the robin's resolve paid off when a bit of the fruit tore loose.
- She rewound the memory of the man to and fro in her head, attempting to find any discernible qualities from him in their the brief encounter.
- Mom was not a public person, but served her family with a loyalty and tenacity, patching clothes, driving the grandchildren to and fro, meeting them at the school bus, and so on.
- Travelling to and fro at high speeds in a vehicle that weighs close to a ton is, after all, a risky venture.
- Moving the material to and fro, the machine is used to lay down thread in all directions, effectively drawing or painting with a needle.
- The wind was whipping the trees to and fro in the growing darkness.
- Shuffled to and fro, they are used down front as the curtain, and elsewhere as all sorts of palace or chamber walls.
- He was wearing a grin that could make a stone cry, while rolling the axe to and fro between his fingers.
1we spent all day to-ing and fro-ing between home and the hospital — nos pasamos todo el día yendo y viniendo / en idas y venidas de casa al hospital
- Rather than raising questions and creating tension, the toing and froing between past and present is quite irritating, largely because the text is rushed and the narrative voice bordering on smug.
- It was all the toing and froing, the whole situation with Phil going to get shot.
- Michael knew Al so there might have been things toing and froing there I don't know about.
- After a tremendous game of football which saw the initiative to and fro, Ballymore emerged victorious by 2 points.
- The wasps are still out there, toing and froing with bits of our table like the Berlin Airlift.
- Phil, what have you been able to gather about what's going on in terms of the diplomatic toing and froing here?
- Anyone who has eaten out with youngsters will be familiar with the routine of being seated round the corner but we were shown to a big table right in the middle of the restaurant, with plenty of room for restless toing and froing.
- Hence the constant toing and froing between kitchen and the garden where the treasured bottle was laid on the ground as gently as a new born babe in its first crib.
- There is a lot of toing and froing and complex weekend arrangements.
1masculine ir y venir
- She says it is so hard with all the to and fro to the computer shop, every day, no time to learn new songs, no time to improve.
- The most basic thing about play is the to and fro of constantly repeated movement.
- In other words, human cultural creations need to arise from absorption in the play of nature so that we and our creativity are in harmony with the to and fro of nature's play.
- It would be so much simpler to buy time - two hours, say - and you could do a quick to and fro on one fare.
- Soon he became bored, watching the to and fro of this tireless woman.
- It has been a continuous to and fro for years, as can be seen from the course of development of the Community institutions.
- His video art does the to and fro between the personal and the political.
- Whole cities, whole civilizations have traded places in the global to and fro of humanity.
- Throughout there has been the unending to and fro with MPs and Government Ministers.
1de un lado a otrothe to and fro swing of the pendulum — el vaivén del péndulo