- However, it is important to note that this also finds parallels in the keyboard toccatas of a number of North German composers.
- It consists of a complete four-minute piece, in the form of a simple prelude or voluntary and the start - just a few bars - of a fugal Allegro in the manner of a toccata.
- It's a remastered release of a dozen vinyl LPs, including the 1955 Goldbergs, the Well - Tempered Clavier, three concertos and as many toccatas and fugues as your heart could desire.
- Most people will agree that J S Bach composed the greatest keyboard toccatas precisely because he, more than any composer, was master of maximal emotional intensity, countered by acute intellectual lucidity.
- She not only gets the steel and rhythm of the toccatas (and power without pounding), but above all she generates a wealth of color and an inexorable musical line, whether loud or soft.