In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1niño pequeño masculineniña pequeña feminine
- As of August, polio has claimed eight lives in the country, mostly babies and toddlers.
- They came from across the town and ranged from young parents with toddlers to pensioners with walking sticks.
- The six sessions include giving tips and ideas for playing with young children and toddlers.
- While at play, toddlers and young children are usually in the care of older siblings.
- Primary school children and even toddlers as young as two have been caught starting fires.
- Every time you go to make love, the baby wakes up or the toddler toddles in.
- She spoke about caring for a range of children, both newborn and toddlers.
- Selby is to get more than £5 million to make sure that babies and toddlers get the best start in life.
- The rest look like they have just been taught how to walk by mischievous older toddlers at the local playgroup.
- We fell in love with each other when all our children were toddlers.
- The group is mainly for children between one and three but toddlers younger or older are welcome.
- Children, from toddlers through to teens, will be donning these must-have looks too.
- Surely toddlers and young kids have a right of some sort to enjoy chasing pigeons in a park somewhere?
- Those most at risk are babies, toddlers and young adults with cases peaking during winter.
- This group is for parents or childminders in the area with babies and toddlers.
- The survey also revealed that one in six parents of babies or toddlers lose their temper with their child every other day.
- Board books, which are designed to be enjoyed by babies and toddlers, can be found at all libraries.
- Now rather quaint, the book has just been reissued; it's ideal for reading to babies and toddlers.
- So, whatever the weather, there is no excuse for bored toddlers or teens.
- There were young babies screaming and toddlers vomiting on the floor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.