In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1uña feminineto cut one's toenails — cortarse las uñas de los pies
- For some women, hormonal changes may cause the fingernails and toenails to grow faster than usual or to become brittle or soft.
- They affect the toenails more often than the fingernails.
- See your doctor if you think you have a fungal infection in your fingernails or toenails.
- Fingernails grow about three or four times as quickly as toenails.
- Her nail varnish is applied patchily, on bitten fingernails and bitten toenails.
- The infection is more likely in toenails than in fingernails.
- The decoration of both toenails and fingernails for aesthetic purposes dates back at least as far as Ancient Egypt, where henna and other products were applied to colour the feet and hands as well as the nails.
- Tinea unguium is a form of ringworm that most commonly infects fingernails and toenails.
- If your toenail does not improve, your GP or podiatrist will be able to partially remove your toenail to allow the nail to grow back and heal.
- An ingrown toenail occurs when the edge of the toenail grows into the soft skin surrounding the nail.
- Scratching an infected toenail can infect your fingernails.
- I had painted my toenails and fingernails varying shades of purple, and I was wearing my open-toed heeled sandals.
- If you get any solution on your fingernails or toenails, use alcohol to keep your cuticles from turning orange.
- By the time she was able to go home, she'd lost much of her hair, her eyelashes, eyebrows, fingernails, and toenails.
- Workers often lose fingernails and toenails, and they suffer injuries from the knives, saws, and machinery.
- Careful examination of the fingernails and toenails can provide clues to underlying systemic diseases.
- Your fingernails and toenails also are made of the protein keratin.
- Some had the national flag painted on their fingernails and toenails.
- In the blink of an eye, her fingernails and toenails were painted a shade of blue to match her dress.
- To avoid ingrown toenails, cut your nails straight across.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.