In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tofu masculinequeso de soya masculine Latin Americaqueso de soja masculine Spain
- No one is ever going to successfully copy his dishes, he insists, because they'll never have his tofu.
- Bean curd or tofu can be justifiably called a great invention of ancient China.
- In the latter case, you may want to add diced tofu or ham to the filling for a bit more protein.
- Where I live in Lower Manhattan there are a lot of Chinese vegan restaurants and they do amazing things with tofu.
- Well, we met on Thursday and ate a feast of sashimi, tofu, salad and they ate meaty stuff.
- He only consumes 100 grams of rice per meal with vegetables and tempeh or tofu.
- To make a richer tasting dish, you can pan fry the tofu in olive oil before adding to the stew.
- The Asian diet includes grains such as rice and noodles, and soy foods like tofu and tempeh.
- Soft or silken tofu can be used for dips, spreads, sauces and sweet dishes.
- Soy milk can be used in place of cow's milk or can be used to make curd in the form of tofu or tempeh.
- Keep meals simple, and eat ingredients that are particularly good for you - brown rice, avocado and tofu.
- Choose from lime and chilli chicken, falafel, spiced meatballs and organic tofu.
- She showed me how she cooked the rice, chopped the onions and cut to pieces the jiggly white tofu.
- It is made of bread, pine nuts and strong-smelling preserved tofu, or bean curd.
- Lin says for the home-style bean curd they use soft tofu and mix it with shredded pork, red pepper and green onion.
- For a long time, tofu was the best known human food made from soy, but its niche was small.
- I quite like Quorn, but I wouldn't want it every day, and tofu leaves me cold.
- Tempeh and tofu are great sources of protein, both for vegetarians and people trying to lower their meat intake.
- Hakka people are good at making tofu dishes, since tofu for quite a long time was the main source of their protein.
- Indian paneer cheese is similar to Asian tofu in that it has a bland flavour in itself, but it absorbs the flavours of other ingredients well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.