1(in each other's company)they walked together for part of the way — caminaron juntos/juntas un trecho
- we sat together in silence — estuvimos (todos/los dos) sentados en silencio
- we left them alone together — los dejamos solos a los dos
- we get on quite well together — nos llevamos bastante bien
- now that we're all together again — ahora que estamos todos juntos / reunidos otra vez
- they were separated for a while, but they're together again now — estuvieron separados un tiempo, pero ahora han vuelto a juntarse
- these knives and forks don't all belong together — estos cuchillos y tenedores no son del mismo juego
- they belong together — son el uno para el otro
2.1(in combination, collaboration)let's write the letter together — escribamos juntos/juntas la carta
- together, these two issues dominate the headlines — estos dos temas dominan conjuntamente los titulares
- we must face this crisis together — debemos hacer frente a esta crisis unidos
- pink and orange don't go together very well — el rosa no va / no pega muy bien con el naranja
2.2(at the same time)juntoslet's all sing together — cantemos todos juntos
- all together now! — ¡todos (juntos / a la vez)!
- we were at school together — fuimos compañeros de colegio
- you have to push both buttons together — hay que pulsar los dos botones simultáneamente / a la vez
- the two things happened together — las dos cosas ocurrieron al mismo tiempo
- Each wave was timed to touch down together and they were arranged so that a military unit was landed in the correct tactical order.
- We chuckled together as she stood and reached up to the top shelf of a grand bookcase in the corner.
- But how would you make the 16 rolls of paper turn at the same instant and continue together?
3(in, into contact)we stuck the broken cup together again — pegamos la taza que se había roto
- the planks are held together by nails — las tablas están clavadas entre sí
- the pieces slot together — las piezas encajan unas en otras
- I pulled the curtains together — cerré / corrí las cortinas
- they were brought together by chance — el destino los unió
4.1(one with the other)add the two figures together — suma las dos cantidades
4.2(without interruption)seguidoshe can't concentrate for more than two minutes together — no puede concentrarse más de dos minutos seguidos
- He had the enormous concentration level to sit for hours together to bring out a drawing.
- We used to sit for hours together when we were fifteen listening again and again to his two Billie Holiday records.
- The same peony can be topped up with water and cups of tea brewed for hours together.
- In both these districts, the cord is sometimes not cut for hours together.
- Speakers go about their oratory for hours together earning the wrath of the listeners.
- He can be seen lost in this posture for hours together, a picture of concentration.
- Elaine is a very together businesswoman and she's made a career for herself finding jobs for celebrities.
- Frank is a very tough, very intelligent, very together guy.
- And you've always struck me as a very together sort of person.