In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(child) enseñar a pedir para ir al baño(child) enseñar a pedir para ir al váter Spain informalhe's been toilet-trained — ya no usa pañales
- Here's Ellison's account of the most daunting challenge parents of two-year-olds face - toilet-training them before they start pre-school.
- Consider using diapers or pull-ups for young children even if they are toilet-trained.
- Most children are toilet-trained for daytime between the ages of 2 1/2 to 5 years old.
- A home programme is drawn up for the parents of the child regarding feeding, toilet-training and correct handling, after counselling at the centre.
- When he first went to school at five, he could hardly speak and was barely toilet-trained.
- Essentially, when you're accused of being a micromanager, what someone is really saying is that your mother didn't trust you to cross the street by yourself, or you were toilet-trained too early.
- By the time he was three, he still had not been toilet-trained, although Hope had tried, many times.
- I think the best toilet-training advice came from the group's leader, who advised waiting until summer - fewer clothes to worry about then.
- Why didn't we toilet-train him sooner - or later?
- I am currently in the process of toilet-training a three-year-old boy who has yet to be persuaded of the merits of abandoning his perfectly comfortable nappies in favour of a cold and draughty potty on the lawn.
- He now has the mental capacity of an 18 month old and is nonverbal and not toilet-trained.
- Aidan cannot feed himself and he is not toilet-trained.
- Some have not been properly toilet-trained, he says, while others have poor speaking and listening skills.
- How does such an institution deal with a child that at the time of the hearing could not feed itself and still was not fully toilet-trained.
- The children were toilet-trained in one home and wore diapers in another.
- Parents should not punish accidents or behaviors that are part of normal development (such as thumb-sucking or toilet-training accidents in toddlers), and they should avoid teasing, shaming, or nagging.
- If she is four and a half years old and has not been fully toilet-trained then that is cause for concern.
- Children with VUR who are toilet-trained should be evaluated for voiding dysfunction.
- I have dreamed about toilet-training him, but it's even more unlikely here than it usually is - the lid's kept closed, or a big old German shepherd drinks out of the toilet.
- Many clever devices are available to help anxious mothers and encourage the babies, including a musical potty, marketed with the slogan ‘Make toilet-training fast, easy, and fun!’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.