In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rollo de papel higiénico masculine
- Then I was about to use toilet roll when I had an idea.
- I was appalled to read an article about how scientists had worked for years using geographical patterns in a toilet roll's perforations to make it softer than soft.
- Some 40 minutes after they had arrived at the hotel the manager found the couple a room, but when they asked for more toilet roll it was sent to the wrong room number.
- I may have bought everything in the shop except toilet paper and washing up liquid, but I didn't buy toilet roll, or, for that matter, washing up liquid.
- As I did so, I recalled that the hotel staff hadn't folded the end of the toilet roll into a little triangle shape.
- She has admitted she was pelted with eggs and toilet roll by bullies.
- Keep a sense of humour - it can be hard to be amused when you see your keys being thrown down the toilet, or the toilet roll being unravelled halfway around the house.
- In the bathroom someone has artfully turned the paper hanging from the toilet roll into a piece of origami.
- This also, of course, explains the crispy sheets and why the toilet roll only lasts a day at a time.
- I have rearranged the order of the cutlery draw into a more logical sequence, and yesterday I bought a brand of toilet roll that we do not usually purchase.
- Timidly, I took the toilet roll from his outstretched arm and thanked him before frowning slightly.
- The last thing you want is to run chicken-legged downstairs to find that the toilets have no lights - and, worse, no toilet roll.
- To avoid getting caught short, it's best to carry a small toilet roll or a pack of tissues in your bag or pocket!
- When you finally get your turn in the bathroom, are you met with towels thrown on the floor and the toilet clogged up with reams of toilet roll?
- Sometimes I experiment with other types of paper, such as toilet roll, tissue paper or colored paper.
- The worst ones are the toilets in the supermarket: they are dirty and smelly, there is never any toilet roll and there is nowhere near enough room for the number of customers.
- We were going to the supermarket and buying 12 packs of toilet roll.
- That's one of my pet peeves I'm afraid; the fact that I am constantly having to put a new toilet roll on to the toilet roll holder.
- For our agency away-day/team-building endeavor we were driven down to the New Forest somewhere near Southampton and given tents, bicycles and small brown paper bags with a toilet roll inside and a miniature of vodka.
- It's a fact that men are genetically unable to replace toilet roll, notice that the milk is running low, or cook a meal without using every utensil in the kitchen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.