In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pitada feminine Latin Americacalada feminine Spain
- When four people are sharing a spliff, taking more than three tokes in one pass is not kosher.
- That's why the US Supreme Court won't risk the health of dying cancer patients with a few tokes of physician-prescribed pot.
- As the drug abuse literature tells us, one toke leads inevitably to another, and soon the very proper Grace is up to her eyebrows in a potent strain of Matthew's favorite recreational herb.
- I found myself apologizing a lot for being lame, for not having gone out much in the past six months, for wanting to leave early tonight, for not wanting a toke of a joint rolled with reportedly amazing weed.
- Anyway, after a few tokes, I was able to think straight, and I figured Ron had taken my car so he wouldn't be late to work.
- I take a few tokes, but I just don't feel like it at the moment.
- He takes another long toke, holds his breath for what seems like the best part of a minute, then exhales with a small cough.
- The will to better yourself evaporates after a few tokes.
- Well sure, you can get cancer from smoking joints, and you can certainly kill yourself and others if you choose to drive following a good toke.
- One coffee, one glass of wine, one toke on a joint does it for me.
- The stewards don't mind; they are in the galley enjoying a good toke on the top-notch ganja they scored in Japan.
- ‘Hmm, good stuff,’ Wendy said after a couple of tokes.
- At 14, she was drinking with older men and sneaking tokes on the loading dock of the music store where she worked.
- Around our way its always the baseball capped teenagers who blatantly smoke it in the street and also don't find much time between tokes for schooling.
- There is nothing quite like sitting around a campfire, talking about anything and everything, while enjoying a friendly toke or two.
- Under federal law, anyone who grows or distributes pot is a felon - even if they're giving it to a migraine sufferer who's going to vomit if he can't get a couple of tokes quickly.
- It's a disturbing event, but Cliff needs only a couple of tokes and some sage advice from his mother - who thinks he's just upset over a breakup - to get over it.
- The last thing she did before she pulled down the bag was take one last toke on the cigarette.
- At other times, he tries too hard to show that he's just a regular guy, who enjoys the occasional pitcher of beer or toke of a joint.
- With few exceptions, having taken a toke the night before has not one iota of impact on the job people do.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.