In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tolerancia femininereligious toleration — tolerancia religiosa
- Instead they cultivate the value of toleration, which becomes the chief virtue in democratic societies.
- Born in London, he distinguished himself by loyalty in politics and toleration in religion.
- I'd like to think my toleration for different races, religions and sexuality is really high because of the way I was raised and my studies.
- He should fight against oppression and to establish justice and the broadest principles of religious toleration.
- William agreed to religious toleration and to Parliament's claims to authority.
- His dissertation is a study of the politics of religious toleration in the middle colonies.
- He believed in religious toleration but supported an established church, the Anglican Communion.
- Liberal ideas first took shape in the struggle for religious toleration in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- In 1568 a royal edict extended religious toleration to Catholics, Lutherans, Unitarians and Calvinists.
- He ignores the long tradition of religious toleration under the Ottoman Empire.
- Charles then set about promoting the cause of religious toleration for all non-Anglicans.
- It was also the the first European settlement to proclaim religious toleration.
- The multicultural character of societies today renders the mutual toleration of differences important.
- We are still looking for a positive case to be made on behalf of liberal toleration.
- He rejected confessional Christianity and allowed religious toleration in his kingdom.
- There are other forms of religious toleration which are not liberal.
- They also desired fair trials, religious toleration and vast administrative reforms.
- With varying degrees of consciousness, most Americans seem to appreciate the practical benefits of liberalism and toleration.
- Cultures also differ in their toleration of uncertainty.
- Her desire for religious toleration was in stark contrast to the bigotry that riddled French society.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.