In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tolerancia femininereligious toleration — tolerancia religiosa
- Born in London, he distinguished himself by loyalty in politics and toleration in religion.
- In 1568 a royal edict extended religious toleration to Catholics, Lutherans, Unitarians and Calvinists.
- William agreed to religious toleration and to Parliament's claims to authority.
- He believed in religious toleration but supported an established church, the Anglican Communion.
- I'd like to think my toleration for different races, religions and sexuality is really high because of the way I was raised and my studies.
- Charles then set about promoting the cause of religious toleration for all non-Anglicans.
- Her desire for religious toleration was in stark contrast to the bigotry that riddled French society.
- He should fight against oppression and to establish justice and the broadest principles of religious toleration.
- They also desired fair trials, religious toleration and vast administrative reforms.
- With varying degrees of consciousness, most Americans seem to appreciate the practical benefits of liberalism and toleration.
- He ignores the long tradition of religious toleration under the Ottoman Empire.
- His dissertation is a study of the politics of religious toleration in the middle colonies.
- The multicultural character of societies today renders the mutual toleration of differences important.
- There are other forms of religious toleration which are not liberal.
- We are still looking for a positive case to be made on behalf of liberal toleration.
- Liberal ideas first took shape in the struggle for religious toleration in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Instead they cultivate the value of toleration, which becomes the chief virtue in democratic societies.
- It was also the the first European settlement to proclaim religious toleration.
- Cultures also differ in their toleration of uncertainty.
- He rejected confessional Christianity and allowed religious toleration in his kingdom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.