In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cooking Farmingtomate masculinejitomate masculine Mexicoplum tomato — tomate (de) pera masculine
- before noun tomato juice — jugo de tomate
- tomato paste / puree — pomarola
- tomato sauce — salsa de tomate
- tomato soup — sopa de jitomate
- Plant your tomatoes in July so they are flowering when the temperature is rising.
- If you would like to grow your tomatoes from seed, firstly you need to source the variety you want to grow.
- Cow's milk, wheat, tomatoes sugar and fruit are some of the most common triggers.
- Carefully tip in the tomatoes, onion rings and garlic, then mix into the oil.
- Strew the mozzarella and tomatoes over the pizzas, then add the pancetta, ruffling it up a bit.
- So now I'm having a bet each way, with a warm salad of aubergine, tomato and mozzarella.
- Consider how conventional plant breeders would develop a disease-resistant tomato.
- Mr. Ferro has grown tomatoes for the whole town for more than 30 years, and he never had anyone to help him.
- Put the onions, peppers and tomatoes on a piece of foil on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- They discussed some tips for planting summer crops like tomatoes and capsicums.
- Sucrose synthase genes have also been isolated from sucrose- or hexose-storing plants such as tomato and sugar beet.
- Mix the tomatoes with the parsley and olives, capers, olive oil, lemon juice and pepper.
- Place the salad in a bowl and top with the tomatoes, feta and warm aubergine.
- Grandad grew everything, but the plants that set me on the right track were sweet peas and tomatoes.
- Stewing tomatoes in olive oil makes lycopene more available to the body.
- I personally think if you can only grow two plants it should be a pot of tomatoes and a pot of basil.
- Stir in the tomato: test the vegetables again for seasoning and allow the mixture to cool.
- I make salad with avocados, tomato, lettuce and spring onions, with an olive oil and red wine dressing.
- Until you've grown your own tomatoes, you cannot imagine what dangers exist out there.
- We added figs, asparagus, tomatoes, plums, walnuts, cheeses and a goodly amount more wine.
- In the garden at the back my aunt grew tomatoes, greens and lettuces.
- On tomatoes, pinch out all side shoots at leaf axils when they are about an inch long.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato and serve, topped with pieces of the crisped pancetta.
- Blossom-end rot occurs in tomatoes grown in fields or glasshouses as a horticultural crop.
- In the last few years he still had onions and tomatoes growing in the flowerbeds he tended with care.
- Season the tomatoes with black pepper and put them under the grill.
- I hope he manages to derive some pleasure from growing tomatoes and radishes.
- Lycopene is one of the pigments that colour tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables red, orange or yellow.
- Throw in lots of vegetables and canned tomatoes, beans and lentils, rice and pasta.
- Paul came round for dinner and I did pasta, and picked us fresh yellow tomatoes from the greenhouse.
- Tear up the coriander leaves and toss them with the tomatoes, onions, a grinding of black pepper and the olive oil.
- Let me just say that there is no place in here for tomatoes, cucumbers or fancy frisée lettuce.
- They also dug over an area of ground which will be used to grow herbs and tomatoes for the school kitchen.
- His cuisine includes dishes with cheese and tomatoes and cheese salad is one of his favourite.
- These include new varieties of cotton, potato, tobacco, tomato and clove.
- Divide the polenta between four plates, top with the grilled tomatoes and shake over a few drizzles of olive oil.
2also tomato planttomatera femininetomate masculinejitomate masculine Mexico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.