1.2also tonic watertónica feminine(with masculine article in the singular) agua tónica feminine(with masculine article in the singular) aguaquina feminine Venezuela
- Flavonoids are the most powerful health bestowing constituent of tonic herbs.
- The Chinese sometimes include zhu ling (they use the sclerotium rather than the fruiting body) as an ingredient in herbal tonic formulas.
- Ashwagandha is unique as a tonic herb in that it is exceptionally easy to cultivate and is ready for harvest after only one year of growth.
- The range features a cleansing gel, tonic lotion, facial mask, day lotion and concentrate and a night gel as well as a blemish control stick and cream.
- Somehow this alchemical process turns it from a cooling herb to a tonic herb.
- But it is neither a variation on one of the old iron supplements nor is it a food, although its adherents say it has tonic properties and you do apply it to the body.
- His letters mention ‘excellent spirits’ and tonic air full of wonderful odours.
- So the mere presence of a fixed percentage of ginsenosides does not guarantee the tonic properties of a well-aged root.
- As such it is a common ingredient in tonic formulas, particularly for elderly or debilitated people.
- This excellent tonic herb is high in mineral content, with a preference for supporting the liver.
- Adults still dutifully head home to mother for tonic soups when a hectic all-work-and-no-play lifestyle leaves them feeling under the weather.
- Dang Quai is one of the most popular Chinese tonic herbs for women.
- Digestive tonic properties and early experimental findings that its long-term use promotes the heart and vascular system are other feathers in the cap for this herb.
- Spontaneous carbonation or bubbles that sprung from natural mineral springs were believed to relieve common ailments with their tonic properties.
2Music(scale/chord) tónicotonic accent — acento tónico masculine
- The superimposition of the tonic and dominant forms of the motif does not bring a resolution, only an uneasy symbiosis.
- At first, whirling scales and broken arpeggios scamper across the keyboard, hopefully tethered by tonic pedal notes in the bass.
- Indeed, the tonic D, which has held sway over much of the movement's main tonal and harmonic thrust, is thrown into some degree of crisis.
- After an unusually long and chromatic development the recapitulation begins in the tonic minor.
- A tonic resolution such as that at the end of this piece seems to me have quite an ironic quality.