In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Swollen adenoids are often associated with tonsillitis (infected tonsils) and are usually removed as part of an operation to remove the tonsils.
- But they said it was just tonsillitis or glandular fever and they sent us home.
- Other conditions that can cause fevers are tonsillitis, kidney or urinary infections, or any of the common childhood diseases such as measles, mumps, chicken pox and whooping cough.
- Smoking, tonsillitis, diseases of the lungs and air passages, kidney dysfunctions, and leukemia also are among possible medical causes of undesirable mouth odors.
- In my clinic I treat acute illnesses such as tonsillitis and colic, to mental and emotional conditions.
- Conversely someone who generally has good health might experience a significant impact on their quality of life from a relatively minor illness, such as tonsillitis, because they have high expectations of their health.
- Why does one person experience headaches and sore throats whereas another has migraines and tonsillitis?
- Also it is linked with asthma, tonsillitis, digestive disorders, eczema and even cataracts, breast and prostrate cancer.
- In infants, tonsillitis may include symptoms that appear to be less focused on the throat, such as poor feeding, runny nose, and a slight fever.
- A two-year-old child with acute tonsillitis and otitis media had been infected by his babysitter.
- She is otherwise of good health and had no history of recurrent tonsillitis or diabetes mellitus.
- Peritonsillar abscess is a suppurative complication of pharyngitis or tonsillitis.
- Bacterial tonsillitis can be treated with antibiotics, but viral tonsillitis cannot.
- If you suspect tonsillitis, contact your child's doctor.
- When tonsillitis is caused by viruses, the length of illness depends on which virus is involved.
- Three weeks earlier he had had tonsillitis, fever, and diarrhoea.
- She was diagnosed with liver damage almost a year ago, and has also suffered from extreme tiredness and a series of illnesses including chicken pox, tonsillitis, flu and glandular fever.
- Nevertheless, recently it has been used with some success to treat recurrent otitis media and prevent recurrences of streptococcal tonsillitis.
- At first, glandular fever is sometimes wrongly diagnosed, for example as a bacterial throat infection or tonsillitis.
- If your child's doctor has prescribed antibiotics for strep tonsillitis, make sure that your child takes all doses on schedule for as many days as the doctor has directed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.