In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de herramientas feminine
- He carried a plastic toolbox with him and once in the house, he put on a small paper respirator, of the type often used in DIY work.
- We are a couple of weeks into our new home - I now am the proud owner of a toolbox; I never really had much need for one before because we have rented for the last number of years.
- One of my sharpest childhood memories is of my father coming home with his toolbox on his shoulder, paid off from his joiner's job.
- There was a time when the average chap, armed with a toolbox and a workshop manual, could tackle quite major jobs on a car.
- Inside his cabin, McAbery reaches for the worn cardboard container that serves as his only toolbox.
- If you are a Dad be prepared to spend most holidays assembling intricate, highly complex toys that require the use of specialty screwdriver tips dug out the bowels of your toolbox.
- Your toolbox for replacing tiles should include an electric drill, a club hammer, assorted chisels, a tile file, tile adhesive spreader, a grout rake for removing old grout and a grout spreader.
- He regularly carried a toolbox for his copier service calls.
- The owner discovered two smaller boxes inside the toolbox, which were dated 1898.
- To their dismay they also realised that the car did not contain a stephney, jack and a toolbox, which could have made things easier for them.
- I quickly hid behind a wall to witness the pantomime, as this poor chap had to get his toolbox out and mend the gear linkage.
- We all sat in the back of the van on paint cans and crates and toolboxes and headed north.
- Storing the toolbox containing said torch in the bottom of a dark drawer about as far away from my bedroom as it's possible to be probably isn't the most practical thing in the world.
- I keep all these tools in my car so that, in the event that the car breaks down, I will be able to pull out my trusty toolbox and fix the problem.
- Old gardening boots, wheelbarrows, and toolboxes can make whimsical substitutes for expensive outdoor containers.
- Besides the radio, he had acquired a large toolbox packed with tools, two rifles, a shotgun, several boxes of ammunition, a long-handled axe, a crowbar, and a first-aid kit.
- It isn't the type of hammer you would keep in your toolbox.
- A most meticulous man, his toolbox was his pride and joy and woe betide anyone who didn't put a tool back exactly where they got it!
- I just got a pair of pliers from his toolbox and managed to free the bird.
- In the riverbed were about a dozen or so articles, mostly fairly expensive power tools, and several toolboxes, all presumably stolen a short while earlier.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.