In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fable is a fine blend of first-person adventure, role-play action and top-notch sitcom.
- The video quality on the disc is top-notch with no sign of grain or compression artifacts.
- It had a selection of top-notch artisan products and fine wines, in addition to its bigger industries.
- Seemingly every weekend SFU is forced to square off against a top-notch team.
- However, the movie is still worth seeing, if only for a top-notch swansong from Coburn.
- America's most expensive hotel has no strict theme, but it does have top-notch rooms, lovely pools and glamour to spare.
- Whatever your choice, make sure you buy top-notch works of art that you really like.
- Unquestionably possess the greatest depth of talent in the finals, with top-notch quality throughout.
- Nominated for a best foreign film Oscar, it is a beautifully shot film with some top-notch performances.
- Apparently, top-notch shops have a feeling that quality and high cost are two sides of the same coin.
- Someone must have turned in a top-notch performance for the dance gods.
- She was bred from two top-notch working dogs from Thames Valley Police and is one of the youngest dogs to become licensed in the UK.
- Gippsland's Horse of the Year was announced recently which went to a top-notch racing horse in the region.
- Well, actually, what made it a lot easier was the fact that the top-notch doctors that are on the show.
- I was also keenly aware of the quality of his readership - many of them top-notch bloggers in their own right.
- Certainly Insomnia is helped along by some fine performances from its top-notch cast.
- If you have more dash than cash, you can get top-notch advice.
- Silence and emptiness in spades to give it that ring of authenticity plus the benefits of top-notch facilities.
- This is top-notch entertainment set against the backdrop of a Mediterranean village and will entertain every age group.
- It offers excellent value for money, top-notch image quality and a wealth of useful features.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.