In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(on field, lawn)capa superficial de abono
- In the spring, his crew will be back on the fairways aerating, top dressing and fertilizing.
- Due to the good nitrogen-fixation, top dressing is normally not required.
- Good compost is a must for every garden, and all of your plants will benefit from a good top dressing with this rich, organic material.
- Some sites were completely excavated and refilled with fresh compost and soil; others receive top dressing with 2 feet of compost.
- Then walk up and down the lawn pulling the device and smoothing out the mounds while top dressing the lawn at the same time.
- The operation will involve levelling, grading, top dressing and seeding the pitches but, as was done at Nuttall Park in Ramsbottom last year, a specialist Koro Topmaker machine will be used on one of the pitches.
- I also gave the potted plants (rosemary, chives, oregano and garlic) a bit more compost and a top dressing of bark chips to smarten them up, keep down the weeds and help with water retention.
- A heavy top dressing to improve levels was put in place and the area rolled to a fine finish.
- From now until July 20 he will keep it aerated, fed and watered, give it a top dressing and keep it mowed, usually to a length of 50 mm.
- Sligo County Council has completed the top dressing on Teeling Street after all the man-holes have been filled in and all the underground work now completed.
- The next project was the development of an air strip and aerial top dressing to increase the area of productive land.
- Courses have been overseeding with winter rye, aerifying and top dressing greens, and preparing 2002 maintenance budgets.
- The compost can be used as mulch around plants, as a top dressing over your lawn which can fertilise the soil, or as a soil improver in vegetable or flower beds.
- Sligo County Council have completed the top dressing on Teeling Street after all the manholes have been filled in and all the underground work now completed.
- The work in question involved stripping the pitch using a Koro machine and draining off the surface water before seeding, top dressing and fertilising.
2(on road, tennis court)capa de grava
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.