In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Details of the operation were first revealed in The Observer on the eve of war last year, after the leaking of a top-secret memo from the NSA requesting British help.
- This year he fulfilled a long-held ambition to work with Allen, playing an undisclosed role in a top-secret project about the art world, filmed in London.
- The crew of a U.S. submarine is sent on a top-secret mission to board a disabled German U-boat and steal a secret encoding device.
- My own top-secret sources are telling me even bigger news: All nine Justices will leave the Court, at least eventually.
- Plus, how often did he get to go on super cool rescue missions in top-secret mutant laboratories?
- The two countries are also ready to exchange official letters, so Canada will be able to receive top-secret information on the U.S. scheme.
- A top-secret MoD report following the Gulf War in 1991 revealed that the weapon ‘could not cope with the sand’.
- But getting hold of the top-secret report would not be easy.
- It is in the middle of the night, and Kalyia is returning from a top-secret and dangerous mission.
- A new book has revealed more about a little-known aspect of wartime Yorkshire - top-secret tests on weapons and experimental aircraft.
- It was a photocopy of a top-secret memorandum for restricted circulation at the Mussoorie IAS Academy.
- The real reason he is never free to visit you isn't because the CIA forbids him from leaving his top-secret mission in Uruguay.
- Because of the top-secret nature of the mission, the sinking went unreported and the sailors had to endure four days and nights in the water.
- The top-secret project was so hush-hush they were barred from even taking photographs.
- The British inquiry will meet in private and although the final report will be published, top-secret material will be blanked out.
- I knew they couldn't because a few days before their president had provided me with a top-secret document from the computer.
- He handled - and secretly photographed - top-secret military documents that crossed his desk.
- We were going on a top-secret mission and here were me and Jake acting like two little kids.
- You will be sent on top-secret, potentially dangerous missions all around the world.
- On Saturday morning, I slipped into and out of a top-secret area of the lab while guards sat, unaware, less than a hundred yards away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.