In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To these he added beautiful topcoats in charcoal wool and tweed.
- She'd done a reasonably decent job with the topcoat, but the heavy undercoat along her spine was matted down to the skin.
- As she waited for her purchase to be made up she took the opportunity to take off her topcoat - an elegantly executed exercise compelling her to stretch as she removed the sleeves from her arms.
- Dressed in his woolen topcoat, Pellew stepped onto the deck.
- They are extensively used for car topcoats as well as in military and aerospace applications.
- Overcoats, topcoats, jackets, blankets, sweaters or other items can be wound around your forearm to protect it from knife slashes or hits from hard objects.
- Even if it was 90 degrees, he had on a full topcoat and a hat, baggy clothes.
- He pulled on his vest, buttoning it quickly, then the topcoat, and tied on his neckerchief.
- She pulls on a topcoat and leaves the apartment hurriedly with a tossed off ‘A ce soir.’
- She knew it was the same one because of the long topcoat he was wearing.
- Overshoes and topcoats may not be worn in the office, but scarves and head gear may be worn in inclement weather.
- From military looks to classic topcoats, check out all the cool outerwear available for fall 2004.
- She sat up grabbing the shoulders of his topcoat.
- She turned to him feeling her body rub over his topcoat.
- Dust from somewhere clung to the shoulder of his topcoat.
- They check their nearly identical topcoats and hats at the door.
- On cool days he also dons a topcoat and cuts the air like the most glorious gangster in the history of an otherwise colorless world.
- Crutches, walking aids as well as blankets, quilts, topcoats, hats, scarves and gloves for people of all ages are urgently wanted.
- Coming directly from the brisk autumn weather of Montana, Ken was astonished to see businessmen in hot, humid Houston wearing topcoats.
- His figure had been hidden, bent almost double against the rain, the thin wall between the sky and his skin consisting of the thick fabric of a topcoat and a shirt that would have been at home among silk.
2(of paint)última mano feminine
- If directed, apply a topcoat to seal the design.
- Over by the pond we have used old cobblestones instead of native stone; these appear much more gray than the fieldstone in the main garden, so I reverse the process and use the brown as an undercoat and the gray as a topcoat.
- A multilayer electrodeposited alloy with an organic topcoat, it has been approved and used by all the automakers for years.
- Simply clean that surface with a wax and grease remover, then topcoat with any of these topcoats.
- The paint shop has four new spray booths and can deliver a water-based topcoat to reduce solvent emissions.
- Instead of or in addition to a bonding primer, a bonding additive can be stirred into the first of two topcoats.
- Over two years of research and development and a significant investment in state-of-the-art finish equipment have enabled the new facility to incorporate low-emission wood finishing using water-based stains and topcoats.
- Also, topcoats of varnish turn yellow with age, the result of reactions between the plant resins used for varnish and oxygen in the air.
- ‘You can shrink that time if you use drying aids, like speedy topcoats or finishing sprays,’ she adds.
- The characteristic joints that identify the bamboo plant are clearly visible and give the floor a unique appearance and natural tone, hardened by topcoats of acrylic polyurethane finish.
- Other chemicals used in nail-sculpting include nail polish, polish remover, acrylic primer, enamel undercoat and topcoats.
- If you don't wear polish, try to put on a clear topcoat to show that you put some effort into your grooming.
- And use a quick-dry topcoat every other day to prolong the life of your polish.
- Whichever you use for a topcoat, pour a 4-inch pool in the center of the piece and brush the finish out to the edges with a soft bristle brush.
- For example, if the existing topcoat is in good condition, and you're going to restain to the same, or darker color, one coat may suffice.
- But National Grid assured residents and conservationists today that the yellow-orange paint on pylons at Station Farm, Alne, near Easingwold, is merely an undercoat and will soon be hidden under a topcoat of grey.
- And avoid fast-drying topcoats: They may be convenient, but the ingredients in many formulas tend to shrink the polish, making it more prone to chipping.
- Let that dry for an elegant metal finish, or apply the patina topcoat or rapid rust oxidizer for a unique variety of aged finishes.
- Before applying the clear topcoat, buff the surface with a superfine abrasive pad or 20-grit sandpaper - do not use steel wool, which can leave behind fine particles that will rust.
- Apply your topcoat with a good-quality brush or other applicator.
- To assure compatibility, it's best to choose the primer that is the same brand as, and is recommended for, the topcoat you are using.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.