In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1toplessto go topless — andar topless
- topless bar — bar de top-less
- topless swimsuit — monoquini
- Some are managed by gangsters and not run properly - they just like having topless girls around them.
- On my way back I saw the cook watching a TV show in what I guess was his native language that had topless women.
- The tipping of a topless waitress has little to do with the drink she has brought to the table.
- But the pub does not need any special licence to employ topless women to work behind the bar.
- She is topless and obviously not enjoying herself.
- He noticed that her arms were bare and the tank straps were so thin, for a second he had the ludicrous impression that she was topless.
- I squeaked as we took a step onto the porch just as a group of topless girls ran by.
- On the wall of the bar we were drinking in tonight there was a picture from the 40s or 50s of a topless woman, wearing a ship on her head.
- Finally I got rid of them too and just have some topless ladies in thongs stand around by the pool all day long.
- The Communist Party countered by hiring topless women to hand out their campaign literature.
- It had murals that dated back to the late 50s depicting native chiefs and topless maidens.
- Rows of tanned muscles, tight speedos, topless girls and G-strings adorned the towels.
- And frankly, all topless girls are welcome, but you obviously need a lot more attention than anybody else.
- After some scenes of topless women and some meanderings by the annoying characters, the mayhem starts.
- You see the topless girls and you think it's great, but the sand isn't too nice.
- His partner is some mustached American pretty boy who plays tennis with topless women.
- Will a dozen topless women beating on drums be enough to bring her back?
- Of the hundreds of windows that flash by, one contains a photo of a topless woman.
- My shoelaces got shredded, a bottle of Fanta exploded over my hair, a topless woman almost fell on Rhi's head.
- Their place is R-rated outings with plenty of hard-hitting stuff and the occasional topless woman.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.