In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Euclidean geometry studies Euclidean-space-structure, topology studies topological structures, and so on.
- For my Ph.D. 1 was required to study analysis, algebra, and algebraic topology.
- His aim was to bring together point-set topology and algebraic topology with his 1932 paper.
- He established a geometry and topology based on group theory without the concept of a limit.
- The key divergence from traditional modelling methods was to think of the form as a topological entity, with topology being the study of geometry unaffected by change in scale or shape.
- He worked in a wide variety of mathematical areas including general topology, topological vector spaces, algebraic geometry, invariant theory and the classical groups.
- They relate Boolean algebras to general topology and to the theory of rings and ideals, and include what is called Stone-tech compactification today.
- The mathematical ballistics of 1918 was neither as refined as axiomatic geometry nor as theoretical as algebraic topology.
- For example, algebraic geometry, the field I am most familiar with, combines algebra, geometry, topology, and analysis.
- He started research in algebra, geometry and topology as a student but did not consider his results sufficiently important to merit publication.
- His main work was in set theory, general topology, and measure theory.
- His research interests include topology, algebraic geometry, and Lie theory.
- All mathematicians in geometry, complex analysis, low-dimensional topology, and geometric group theory will want to have it on their bookshelves.
- The Poincare conjecture belongs to the field of topology, which studies properties that are preserved when a shape is stretched or twisted without tearing.
- Celestial mechanics is the origin of dynamical systems, linear algebra, topology, variational calculus and symplectic geometry.
- Geometry, topology, and algebraic geometry and group theory, almost anything you want, seems to be thrown into the mixture.
- The largest number of paper-cutting/tearing opportunities related to Ending the sum of the interior angles in a triangle along with spatial visualization and topology.
- Ktheory is a mathematical theory that studies topology using matrices, using operators that don't commute with each another.
- He was always full of mathematical ideas, not only on game theory, but in geometry and topology as well.
- This book is a classic in the study of the geometric topology of 3-manifolds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.