In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Yoga is then not just exercise and stretches, but encompasses the totality of the whole person.
- Each social construction is then part of a larger whole - a totality.
- But this is not the totality of the number of failures in the war on terror.
- The American people will make a judgment on the totality of those issues.
- Let there be safeguards by all means, but these should not be in the totality that they currently are.
- I could imagine the whole of Arcadia slowing slightly as it processed my totality, my thoughts.
- But the totality of their successes can't be put down to running slick campaigns.
- Many people will have seen some of the photos and footage of these areas, but it is still hard to be fully prepared for the totality of the devastation.
- Each of these requirements is worthy, even noble, but in their totality they should be cause for alarm.
- At an early age, before he had experienced life in its natural totality, he embarked upon an odyssey charted out for him by others.
- Certainly it would be worrying if students were being taught that these aspects are the totality of what literature has to offer.
- So I expect the totality of the statement will be along those lines saying look, this is a sham and here is why.
- It is the international system of currency that determines the totality of life on this planet!
- The key to our reformation will be a positive and receptive attitude toward the totality of the human experience.
- Goodness knows what horrid things he saw and I fear that there's no knowing the totality or the extent of the images that remained in his memories.
- He posed once the idea to me that the whole, the totality of the universe is just perception.
- The Roman state was false and anti-Christian precisely because it wanted to be the totality of human capacity.
- It doesn't mean he can't, or shouldn't, be investigated for the totality of his behavior.
- Well, let us indeed examine the totality of the Prime Minister's words and deeds, and discover how we came by this misunderstanding.
- ‘Any concerns are heavily outweighed by the totality of the positive benefits,’ he said.
2(completeness)carácter total y absoluto masculinethe totality of the destruction was beyond doubt — la destrucción fue, sin duda, total y absoluta
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.