- Experienced guides can help you spot resplendent quetzal, emerald toucan, green sea turtle, and howler monkey.
- The quetzals have nowhere to go, so they nest in tree cavities within easy reach of the toucans who feast on quetzal eggs and chicks.
- Of course, year-round residents also make their homes among the bright red coffee cherries, including jays, wood creepers, hummingbirds, toucans, parrots, parakeets and other species.
- Other cages house an older toucan and a pair of parrots.
- Mexico is home to toucans, vultures, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, parrots, macaws, and quetzals.