In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escribir a máquina al tactomecanografiar al tacto
- He has large-print books and is being taught to touch-type.
- I already knew how to touch-type - first step, I thought, to becoming a writer - and I persuaded my employers to let me learn to use their Compugraphic photo-setting equipment.
- Unless you have very small hands, you will also struggle to touch-type because of the closely spaced, flimsy-looking keys.
- Later on, she taught me five-finger touch-typing, for which I am every day grateful.
- Going from touch-typing to… touching can be a big step.
- Based on an algorithm, it determines the minimum distance that one's fingers need to travel while touch-typing a typical English text.
- OK, this will be an experiment to see how good I am at touch-typing.
- Mr Morley's varied career continued when in 1941 he was posted to Egypt, where he was taught to touch-type in a converted bus and then posted to Heliopolis, where he was part of a team handling vital war correspondence.
- I just recently explained why I can't touch-type.
- I think it's developed as I used to touch-type, then developed a right-hand style which only uses 3 fingers when I had a trapped nerve problem.
- It's not as if the world has been overrun with people who have evolved long, spindly, super-springy fingers to touch-type on traditional keyboards, after all.
- After meeting face-to-face, a trail of text messages continues the conversation as friends disperse in trains, buses and on foot, nimble thumbs touch-typing on numeric keypads.
- All the keys were covered and there was a poster of the keyboard on the blackboard so we could learn to touch-type.
- This led her to buy a computer on which to learn to touch-type but instead she began creative writing.
- Oliver Letwin, the Shadow Home Secretary, said teaching officers to touch-type would be a valuable weapon in the fight against lawlessness and disorder.
- Despite being forced to learn Typing in high school for three years, I can't touch-type.
- It enables you to assign keywords to commonly-used blocks of text, allowing you to type at amazing speed, without worrying about touch-typing or typos.
- After two failed attempts to teach myself to touch-type on another machine, investing in my own obliged me to get serious and stick with the exercises for a month until I had disciplined my fingers to find the keys without looking.
- All of which is to say, yes, J.H., we should be circumspect about any relationship in which the main activity on the first date is touch-typing.
- I want to be able to touch-type, and these new machines are too small for this.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.