In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The only problem was that it had not seen so much as a touch-up since it was built in the 1890s, and, to boot, had been abandoned for the past 20 years.
- Humans aren't the only creatures who benefit from a touch-up.
- Every few years I run in for a little touch-up here and there, so I don't have to have a complete overhaul.
- You, too, will be prepared for everything from daily touch-ups to last-minute extreme repair if you keep the following essentials in your desk.
- Others have 10 stocked in their purse for touch-ups - every half hour!
- After giving my hair a quick touch-up when we pulled up in front of the house where the party was being held, I grabbed Scott's extended hand and let him help me out of the car.
- After a quick touch-up on the make-up I entered the living room.
- I've been down in the basement, doing a few last minute touch-ups, because I need to hand my paintings over to the gallery manager tomorrow.
- Two weeks before the wedding, in February this year, I went along to the salon for a touch-up.
- Leave a little extra powder on the brush, pop the cap on, and toss it in your bag for all-day touch-ups.
- Add an extra 10% to total for repairs and touch-ups.
- In social situations, a quick (emphasis on speedy) at the table touch-up of lipstick is okay, but better off reserved for the ladies room when it comes to a business meeting.
- If having implemented the necessary touch-ups and improvements, your property still fails to sell, what are your options?
- The make-up artists are free to give the designer and PR a quick touch-up.
- It was only after some persistence and assurance that the light would enhance her features and that her make-up would be retained for any necessary touch-ups that she finally consented to pose at the desired location.
- The only minor touch-ups needed are maybe to replace an electric globe and building a kitchenette.
- Other ‘tricks of the trade’ can be utilized, such as transparency adjustments and spray-painted or cloned touch-ups.
- It doubles as a touch-up for hair roots between visits to hairdressers, but it will wash out.
- They sat down, did last minute make-up touch-ups, went to the bathroom - one could have cut the excitement in the air with a knife.
- We're deep into both since we have some touch-ups to do before inviting visitors to see the 4-bedroom house we're selling in Kilkenny.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.