In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Aviation Aerospace(on land) aterrizaje masculine(on sea) amerizaje masculine(on sea) amarizaje masculine(on sea) amaraje masculine(on moon) alunizaje masculine
- After a smooth touchdown, the Fort rolled down the runway.
- It was only a few short moments before touchdown that disaster struck.
- After touchdown, the aircraft's drag chute malfunctioned during deployment.
- Tailwinds produce excessive rolling speeds prior to lifting off and following touchdown.
- I keep the trim moving and the power up to try to cushion the actual touchdown, and most of my landings are acceptable, if not always worth bragging about.
- The shuttle was on its way home at last, and fast approaching its designated landing site with 10 minutes left until touchdown.
- From letdown to touchdown, settling the airplane on the runway is a true art.
- Swiss, American and Belgian airlines made regular touchdowns at the airport.
- In addition, don't forget about the wind: The more wind there is, the better off you'll be because of the slower touchdown.
- The gear lights came on just before touchdown as the aircraft firmly settled to the runway at full power.
- Don't just fly the aircraft to touchdown; fly it to your parking spot.
- I said we required immediate landing and assistance on touchdown.
- The model's tough, trailing link gear system absorbs most reasonable impacts and even some unreasonable ones to smooth the most ham-handed touchdowns.
- Grandma remarked that she didn't even feel our touchdown and would fly with me anywhere.
- At touchdown, the platform securely captures the landing gear and then lowers the fighter to the mother ship's backbone.
- The copilot watered my eyes with an excellent landing; and at touchdown, CITS flagged the anti-skid system.
- The pilot gets into a small bit of leftover wake turbulence, the rental aircraft wobbles just before touchdown and a wingtip catches the runway.
- As the aircraft approached touchdown, I hoped for the best, feared for the worst, and quietly, crossed my fingers.
- After the second touchdown, the aircraft began to track to the left and the left wing tip contracted the terrain.
- On touchdown, all three landing gears were sheared and the aircraft underside was substantially damaged.
2(in US football) touchdown masculine(in US football) anotación feminine(in US football) ensayo masculine(in rugby) ensayo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.