In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Whether it's a tourer, a motorhome, a holiday home or even a folding camper, the winning leisure vehicle will be decked out with mod cons fit for a gadget geek in heaven.
- The show features everything from the latest selection of tourers and awnings to camper vans and luxury holiday homes.
- From 11.30 am to 2 pm, all manner of bikes, including classic, sports and tourers, will be on display.
- First of all we built up a site for tourers and now that is well-established we feel the time is right to progress to the next phase of the scheme which is the log cabins.
- But the most popular car is thought to have been a 1920s open tourer with four cylinders and 15 hp.
- Driving it on the press launch last week it proved an excellent tourer and very much a city car, with compact dimensions, modular passenger compartment and four seats.
- The car had put on so much weight that a V8 engine was required to keep it motion, and the big, square body was so bulky it was really more of a convertible tourer.
- It combined pinpoint race car handling with the luxury and smoothness of a family tourer.
- Roecliffe and Westwick Parish Council has told Harrogate Council it totally rejects the 27 static caravans, but could support the extra tourers.
- Wanting a slice of this popular pie, Eric decided to concentrate on making a cool tourer, complete with the usual Buell technology plus additional extras such as the neat tail pad that doubles as a pillion backrest and luggage rack.
- If you settle for the 1.8 or 1.9, it will feel much more like a tourer than a sports car.
- And apart from its gas-guzzling engine it was a very competent sports tourer.
- For touring, the best bike is a tourer - strong frame, big wheels, rack on the back for panniers, mudguards for the rain, enough gears for the hills.
- Sadly, this is not a sports car; it's a sports tourer.
- Taken home by car, he was transferred to an open tourer at the outskirts of Newry, the streets thronged by cheering fans, eager to shake the hero's hand and gain his autograph.
- There is also a new GT model joining the range of hatch and sports tourers.
- By definition, sports tourers are usually more refined than their all-out sports bike cousins but the ZZ-R refuses to grow old just yet and does a very good impression of a bike that still yearns for a bit of fun.
- You might think that this comfortable, spacious two seater is just a tourer but the chassis is once again a good compromise.
- For three decades, the Gold Wing has set the standards for all luxury tourers.
- Kitted up with a full touring pannier kit, the Sprint ST makes an enjoyable tourer.
2(bicycle)bicicleta de paseo femininebicicleta de turismo feminine
3(caravan)caravana femininetráiler masculine Latin Americarulot feminine Spaincasa rodante feminine Southern Conecámper feminine Chile Mexico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.