In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The tourism industry plays a major part in the economies of many of the countries.
- The village was once a prosperous town but now has few shops, apart from those supported by tourism.
- Other challenges include public transport and the impact of tourism on the environment.
- It ended as a brainstorming session with tourism officials about a nonstop flight.
- This will be done with the help of tourism offices and the Visit Britain organisation.
- Thirty years ago, farming was a major industry and tourism was of minor importance.
- He was in his 50s and had moved from the sugar industry into tourism around five years ago.
- She wants to write a novel and embark on a new career in the marketing and tourism and leisure industry.
- The city has a strong and diverse economy, with tourism generating millions of dollars a year.
- We are not going to just roll over and say we're not interested in tourism any more.
- His idea was to promote and generate tourism and interest in historical matters.
- City fathers have long known the advantages for commerce and tourism of being car friendly.
- We all know of the success York has in high-tech business, its university and tourism.
- But the wage is the same amount of cash the council wants to slash from tourism and leisure.
- In the tourism business, holidays in the desert are something of a final frontier.
- A city so reliant on tourism will deter repeat visits if it looks filthy or unkempt.
- Our visitor numbers are through the roof and tourism is becoming the boom industry in Hull.
- It is just now that local people are realizing the potential for this type of tourism.
- Tourism has been seriously hit and tourism is a major employer and has huge purchasing power.
- It is also likely to cause concern among the global travel industry and tourism bodies in America.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.