In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Games Sporttorneo masculine
- These days, you need to take breaks and rejuvenate yourself, because the tournaments are getting more competitive.
- The Greeks proved in the European Championships that winning games, and tournaments, needn't be a pretty spectacle now.
- I like big events and know how to prepare for and focus on big games and tournaments.
- South Africa have competed at the last two World Cup tournaments and three African Nations Cup finals.
- Myself and the lads I worked with would all swap shifts and take alternate weekends off, which was great because it allowed me to compete in tournaments.
- England beat them in the semi-final in one of the best games of the tournament.
- Some coaches would laugh at team bowling tournaments, at weightlifting competition and the like.
- Unlike many of the games in the tournament this one was played without fear by both teams.
- Activities will include tennis coaching, co-ordination games, multi sport tournaments and lots more.
- The Oklahoma City native competes in bass fishing tournaments and would one day like to do so full time.
- In 14 World Cup games in five previous tournaments Korea had not won a match.
- The two-set victory left May and Walsh as the only team that have not dropped a single game in the tournament.
- She competed regularly in junior tournaments throughout Ohio and was good enough to play in national events.
- In fact, they lost all their games in both tournaments by cricket scores.
- But it was a false dawn because they haven't won a game at the tournament since.
- The two sides meet at the start of the tournament in a game as important and as big as England's clash with France.
- In this, the first game of the tournament, the North West take on the Midlands.
- Can you foresee a time when gaming tournaments rival sports championships in terms of audience interest and ratings?
- He said all competitions or tournaments that were scheduled to take place this weekend should go ahead as arranged.
- At the time, teams competed in both tournaments, and both were equally important.
(of knights)justa femininetorneo masculine
- The Black Knight tournament is held twice a year, once in the fall term, and again in the winter term.
- What no one could expect was the death, in July, of Henry II of France in an accident at a tournament.
- Two stimulating papers look at tournaments and trial by battle: courtly violence in the vein of what has been discussed above.
- So he decides to pretend he's the knight and enter a big old jousting tournament.
- Geoffrey was fatally wounded in a tournament in Paris and the baby was born afterwards, in 1187.
- During times of peace, the tournament was the setting for displays of military and equestrian skill.
- Hunting and tournaments, at least for some nobles, began to give way to a lively interest in culture and education.
- Warwick Castle has been staging jousting tournaments since the 12 th century, so they really should have the hang of it by now.
- Heraldry originated in medieval warfare and tournaments when it was necessary to identify knights who were completely covered in armour.
- It examines chivalric ritual and tournament, much of which took place at Greenwich.
- The mêlée tournaments of this period were extremely rough affairs.
- Later the same year Albany was killed by a lance splinter at a tournament in Paris.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.