In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1turnedó masculinetournedos masculine
- The main room offers gourmet appetizers like caviar potato skins, Brie and mango quesadillas, goat cheese pizza, tuna steak tournedos, and fresh sushi rolls.
- I'm so nervous that I can barely finish my tournedos of venison.
- The final two items were tournedos with foie parmentier, crispy roots and sweet rum reduction followed by grilled fruits with pina colada soup.
- Among more hefty items, however, the chicken breast, set atop a pedestal of couscous, tasted unaccountably of mint syrup, and the beef tournedos I sampled were flavorful but a little dry.
- A typical meal might be a warm salad of Port Seton langoustines with a lime dressing, followed by tournedos of Angus beef with shallot and oxtail confit.
- Thick tournedos sliced horizontally in three, layered with caramelized onions, they did look like incredibly indulgent burgers.
- The tightly bound tournedos of salmon adorned with candied lime was inedible - none of the flaky, moist delicateness that the fish is all about.
- Moire and David can look forward to fine wine and culinary delights such as sweetbreads, foie gras, tournedos of Angus beef and - though not the most romantic food for an anniversary - stuffed pig's trotters.
- But if you miss out the first time, reorder the chef's impressively fluffy paella, or the beef tournedos, perfectly seared and peppery around the edges, in a Cabrales-cheese sauce.
- Ms Maclaine ordered the 6oz tournedos of beef with a cauliflower purée and a veal and truffle dressing, topped with Sneem black pudding ravioli.
- A zebra fillet, portioned into tournedos, is incomparably the finest meat that is obtainable in a Bushveld camp.
- Our first tasting included the deer fillet tournedos in a mushroom sauce, the venison stew and a wild boar stew.
- When ready to serve, with a sharp knife remove the string and cut the pork belly roll every 5cm to create small round tournedos.
- Last night we had grilled tournedos of venison with roasted red pepper sauce, baked potatoes stuffed with mushrooms and onions, chantanay carrots and roast parsnips.
- Standouts include the hoisin-glazed grilled Atlantic salmon and the applewood bacon-wrapped giant scallop tournedos.
- The finished product was a mouth-watering menu with a starter of pan seared sea scallops followed by crusted beef tournedos and finally raspberry soufflé.
- The Queen had it rolled round her asparagus before tucking in to tournedos of beef and meringue vacherin at the Guildhall luncheon during Jubilee weekend.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.