In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The tourney is at the final four stage now with Illinois, Louisville, Michigan State and North Carolina vying for the crown.
- The Inter Club waterpolo championship was the second tourney on the waterpolo calendar.
- Next week the Selects travel to Prince Albert to compete in an annual tourney there.
- The Panthers will be a tough out in the tourney because they know how to slow down a game and limit their turnovers, which will prevent big-name schools from pressing their athletic advantage.
- I get my final corrected schedule 1 day before the tourney.
- Not surprisingly, Bob and I immediately got into a pickup 1830 game in preparation for the 1830 tourney to begin that night.
- Comb alternative weeklies for details on festivals and concerts; pick up regional sports publications for the latest on athletic clubs and events like kickball tourneys and 10K's.
- In the thunder of the hunt today we hear echoes of the joust, the tourney and the cavalry charge.
- It was Christmas at Arthur's court in Camelot, and all of the gracious lords and worthy, noble knights had gathered for a fifteen day Christmas celebration, complete with jousting tourneys, singing, dancing, and feasting.
- But in a tourney loaded with talent, anything can happen on the final day when pressure is at its peak.
- Even the women's Nationals had only nine players and the men's draws for this event and the team selection tourneys have been disappointingly small as well.
- Hence, the play-in game would be considered part of the tourney, and participants would receive a full share of tournament revenues.
- George Washington, which faltered after a brilliant start, will be a tough matchup in the league tourney.
- Everyone did a 200 meter time trial to seed for the tourney.
- During the tourney, we'll track the writers' performance and match it against the public's.
- More than any other sporting event, the tourney serves as a life milestone - the same way certain smells or music always bring back memories of a time and a place or an awkward kiss with a graceful girl.
- A King and Queen are chosen every six months in a crown tourney fought with sticks to decide the King or Queen, and consort.
- Actually he made just one bad move in the whole tournament and this wasn't exactly a short tourney.
- Ile des Chenes did not win a game at the tourney but came away with the experience of a lifetime.
- There is a lot of gambling on the tourney, but it's the friendly, friction free kind that even novices can get involved in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.