In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)ayuntamiento masculinemunicipio masculinemunicipalidad feminineconcejo municipal masculine
- The town council resolved to write to the county council and West Wiltshire Housing Society.
- The town hall is owned by North Wiltshire District Council but the facility is run by the town council.
- A councillor has donated a hand bell to a new town council in memory of his wife.
- The town council has now referred the borough council's dealings to the Audit Commission.
- It is no secret that some district councillors had little or no time for the new town council.
- Several other councillors said the town council should add its full backing to the festival.
- The lease on the building has now expired and the town council is waiting for the city council to come up with a new one.
- The town council and North Wiltshire District Council are not issuing any statements.
- He had been elected onto the town council at the local elections in May last year.
- The building is owned by Burnley council and the town council rents a room there.
- The town council will now write to the county council asking them to revise the plan.
- Members of the town council made it clear when they met on Monday that they supported the single site concept.
- The town council will write to Essex County Council with its concerns as a matter of urgency.
- He says it is a common complaint and the town council needs to put a system of gritting in place.
- How long before the town council tries to change the boundaries again to gain more council tax?
- Her husband is currently a member of the town council on which she served for nine years from 1987.
- The town council's finance committee recommended no change to the levels earlier this week.
- Mrs Martin agreed to take the suggestion to the town council and the youth council.
- The town council decided to contact Tendring Council about a risk assessment.
- He had been a member of the US-backed town council and had eschewed incitements of violence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.