In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That involves a combination of town planning, the development of key infrastructure, and a focus on key business clusters.
- I'm becoming increasingly interested in urban design and town planning, mainly as a consumer.
- But university administrators said that he had been a dedicated student of town planning and urban development who had specialised in urban renewal.
- Two years before, the architect had succeeded Walter Gropius as Dean of the Harvard School of Design, where he was preaching a new unity of architecture and town planning.
- We may not agree that these rules are sufficient for town planning, but I think we should accept them as necessary.
- These matters were raised in the early studies of town planning and urban development by Pigou and articulated convincingly by Liepmann as given in Table 1.
- Topics up for discussion include current values, property funding, construction trends, strategic town planning and development.
- It concentrates on town planning and the construction of new port facilities that greatly enhanced the city's stature as a center of maritime trade.
- Formal town planning in Hong Kong dates from 1939 when the Town Planning Ordinance was enacted.
- Once you've built one of these buildings, wouldn't it further complicate future town planning and development?
- Architecture and town planning reflect the social and political structure of a society.
- The programme is made up of members from the departments of health, fire, building control, town planning and police.
- Some are fairly straightforward: textbooks of cosmology, history, religious observance, law, town planning and home management.
- Since decriminalisation, we have heard a lot from local governments that can now control brothel licensing and town planning.
- Permission for building construction, remodelling and town planning is granted by the local self-governments.
- As a result, the book reads like the first draft of what could have been a useful addition to the discussion of British town planning.
- Towns and experts from all over the world are able to exchange information and experiences in the area of urban lighting and promote light as an integral feature of urban life, architecture and town planning.
- Is it a game about town planning, or people development or is it merely a toy?
- Erskine became well known for his humanist town planning in Britain and Sweden.
- The loss of the Water Gardens would be particularly disappointing for the people of Harlow as well as for 20th century architecture and town planning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.