In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(materials/substance) tóxico(assets/debt) tóxico
- Some waste materials that are highly poisonous are considered toxic wastes.
- The cells will literally fractionate open, and they spill all their toxic chemicals into their environment and that can be very damaging indeed.
- So a lot of people at risk here with these toxic loans which are really bad deals for consumers.
- Remedies vary in strength according to the needs of the patient, and sometimes according to the substance itself if it is particularly poisonous or toxic.
- Potentially toxic chemicals also are known by-products of laser smoke.
- The aforementioned facts make justification for continued use of this toxic chemical questionable.
- There weren't any chemical factories or toxic waste dumps or traffic, just a few goats and olive trees.
- I have a friend who is selling a product that is supposed to eliminate up to 30 pounds of toxic waste from the colon.
- The Japanese never took those toxic assets off their banks and for that reason they experienced ten years of an absolutely crumby economy.
- Many of the toxic assets have been bundled and resold many times over with favourable credit ratings.
- And yet it's a fine balance, because Vitamin A is also known to be a highly toxic chemical for the foetus.
- Campaigners looking to stop a Westbury cement works burning waste products are urging residents to have their blood tested for toxic chemicals.
- And are you suggesting that that's some occupational exposure to toxic chemicals or something like that?
- Several potentially toxic chemicals are used as raw materials in the foam-manufacturing process.
- So this bug, it's not so much the germ itself infecting the body that causes the problem, it's the fact that the germ itself produces the toxic chemical?
- Formalin is a dangerous toxic chemical that should be handled with caution.
- When using insecticides and other toxic chemicals, cover your skin with gloves, long sleeves, a hat and a mask.
- All of these developmental processes are extraordinarily complex and can be disrupted by toxic chemicals.
- That process produces very toxic chemical and gaseous waste and should be avoided.
- You should avoid toxic substances and chemicals at work and at home.
- It is a complex global environmental hazard, with knock-on effects, and is unlike exposure to a dose of some specific toxic chemical or radiation.
- These were designed to take away the uncertainty in interbank lending, the uncertainty whose cause was the existence of toxic assets on each others ' balance sheets.
- Perhaps you could put all the pills in one container and take them to your municipal dump as household toxic waste.
- Who better to manage the "toxic assets" of a failed bank than professional bond fund managers?
- That's slowing him down as he races to clean up the toxic assets infecting the nation's top banks.
- Such analysis, for example, leads to the conclusion that toxic waste should preferably be dumped on to the developing world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.