In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Consequently, they and others argue that animal toxicology and animal data must cause us to ban DDT as a precaution.
- Clinical toxicology is a topic instructed at some level in most colleges of pharmacy.
- The four tiers of text cover aspects of environmental toxicology from the molecular to the ecosystem level.
- Urine toxicology was positive for opiates prior to in-hospital sedation.
- This book represents an important contribution to neurology, toxicology and pharmacology.
- A good example of a harmful nanoparticle is titanium dioxide, which has been used in toxicology for a long time and established as an inert substance.
- The main thrust of the book is to describe the toxicology and pharmacology of herbal products.
- Neither I nor most of my colleagues are romantic about forensic toxicology.
- And it is a concern that reproductive toxicology is such an under-resourced area.
- I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control centre.
- Resuscitation, toxicology, and clinical criteria for imaging represent some of the core topics of the practice of emergency medicine.
- Demanding that trials maximise their gathering of information on toxicology improves a protocol's balance of risk and social value.
- I hope that the science of genetic toxicology will remain sufficiently strong in the UK to guarantee their continued involvement.
- The first rule of toxicology is that all chemicals produce an effect, but it is the dose that makes the poison.
- At the time, his views were seen as revolutionary, but they mark the beginnings of modern toxicology.
- It is more of a compendium than a comprehensive text on the toxicology of poisons.
- Development of the science of metal toxicology has been seriously hindered by the use of incorrect terminology.
- It was divided into internal medicine, diseases of the head, surgery, toxicology, etc.
- The mean proportion of negative urines was used as the aggregated outcome measure for weekly urine toxicology.
- They adopted many of the methods used in classical toxicology for application to device materials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.