In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Doctors later realised Liam's appendix had burst, releasing dangerous toxins into his body.
- It is common to find traces of toxins in plants and foods that are healing and nutritious.
- In any of these diets increasing water intake is essential to help flush toxins out the body.
- The liver is often the first organ to indicate reactions to herbal remedies as this is the part of the body where toxins collect.
- I thought it might have just exploded and poisoned my poor body with it's toxins.
- This may be a bacterial infection or following the ingestion of plant or chemical toxins.
- Detox diets are quite popular now, where you virtually fast for a week to get rid of all the toxins in your body.
- Water is also essential to good health, feeling vital and to flush toxins from the body.
- An infusion of the root, leaves and flowers encourages the elimination of toxins from the body.
- One way the body can eliminate toxins is via the skin through sweating.
- Any water that is left over leaves the body with the toxins, through sweat and urine.
- Poison dart frogs produce toxins that can kill 150 adult humans and are used by tribal people to catch food.
- It protects the body tissues from toxins from the atmosphere, food and other sources.
- If animals containing these toxins are eaten by humans, the result may be illness or even death.
- Sweet juicy fruits are excellent cleansers - they help flush toxins out of the body.
- For carcinogens and most reproductive toxins, however, regulators assume no threshold.
- She informed me that she didn't mean for the whole four weeks, just for a few days to free my body of all the toxins.
- Some types of bacteria release poisons called toxins while they are multiplying in food.
- The caterpillars harness the plant toxins and use them as a natural defence against predation.
- This is a powerful detoxifier which helps the body get rid of toxins and restores and protects the liver.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.