In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juguete masculinepeople and cars looked like toys — la gente y los coches parecían de juguete
- Does anybody else involve cuddly toys and dolls in their conversations?
- Go about in the shops and buy any little toys and models that have special bearing on civilian life in its more peaceful aspects.
- The shop stocks a selection of second-hand books, bric-a-brac, models, toys, games and a selection of official Yorkshire Air Ambulance souvenirs.
- There will be a range of automotive toys and model cars, boats and planes for children as well as a jumping castle, clowns, face painting and a care centre
- The toy is modelled on the pint-sized singer, even down to her famous bottom.
- Everything bar the kitchen sink has to go… from cuddly toys to the cars standing on their driveway.
- If the toddler ignored the miniature toys for more than three or four minutes, however, we would draw attention to them.
- Provide bright colored toys and toys like cars and trucks that move.
- The black plastic bin liner contained teddy bears and other cuddly toys, Rosie and Jim dolls and a number of framed children's pictures.
- Her favourite dolls, cuddly toys and teddy bears are lined along her shelves and bed.
- Some of the clothes on the hooks in the hallway were not mine; a child's toys, a few toy cars, stood in the corner.
- Replica toys can make it difficult for a child to be creative and imaginative.
- The appeal gives gifts to newborns right up to 16-year-olds from cuddly toys and books to action toys and games, toiletries and CDs.
- Using toys as scale models of their world, children taste, examine and set up their visions of larger worlds.
- Miniature toy cars can drive with wet, painted tires over unusual papers.
- I'm pretty sure when I was small, we had a toy - doll, car, train, whatever - and pretended it was what we wanted it to be.
- The result is a digital rendering of each concept, and a full-size sculpted model of the toy in foam.
- Dozens of floral tributes, dolls and cuddly toys were placed on metal railings near the scene of the tragedy.
- And besides - have you ever tried making a 40 foot high replica of a stuffed toy out of pots of flowers?
- As summer arrived, so did the big wooden crates bringing wonderful dolls, mechanical toys, pedal cars, tricycles, scooters, dolls' prams.
1(gun/car) de juguetetoy soldier — soldadito (de juguete) masculine
- Like so many fashions in New York, Rosenthal says the surge in demand for toy dog breeds is largely celebrity-driven.
- In England the cavalier, once thought to be on the verge of extinction, is the most popular toy breed.
- Another example are some toy dogs which were bred to be a warning signals of invasion.
- He was judged against a flat-coated retriever, a giant schnauzer, an Old English sheepdog, a wire fox terrier, a saluki hound and Pekingese toy dog.
- Just this past month Fifi, her fluffy white toy poodle passed away and the void is painful.
- So, after eating in the kitchen, I let my small toy poodle dog into the house, from the garage.
- He stood at a podium, and beside him was a woman with a little toy poodle as carefully groomed as she was.
- If you have a white toy poodle, you would want to place her on, or in front of, a black, blue or brown backdrop.
- Unlike the show held in April, there were not many fancy and toy breeds.
- One can only hope they are of the toy variety, otherwise her family's apartment must get pretty crowded.
- My ex-girlfriend had an apricot toy poodle and it was the best damned dog I've ever met.
- Inform your honey that you've had it with the hysteria and the shrieking, so her toy poodle has to go.
- Some toy breeds can adapt happily to apartment life because their exercise requirements are modest.
- They had dogs of their own - a mastiff the size of a Humvee, and a tiny comma of a toy poodle.
- The only dogs exempt from this rule are the toy breeds and puppies under 16 weeks of age.
- She also won first place in both the clipped terrier and toy and miniature poodle rounds, with help from miniature schnauzer Oscar and toy poodle Clive.
- Now after all that fuss, I don't think she should have picked up her two toy poodles to sit on her lap.
- The latest sad news is that their tiny toy poodle has disappeared.
- Toni Gale's toy pom, Trixie, is a real pensioner at the age of 10, and the family has noticed that she's getting on in years.
- Tell the interviewer that your white toy poodle is lost in that huge snowbank and you need help.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.