In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de naves espaciales y satélites artificiales) estación de seguimiento feminine
- They're like people who live in the same town where NASA has a tracking station, and think that it makes them all astronauts.
- It was on the site of a U.S. Navy tracking station that had been built during World War II and given back to the local government in the 1970s.
- Galileo will consist of about 30 satellites, a global network of tracking stations and central control facilities in Europe.
- Another part of the launch base is made up of the tracking stations.
- Shortly after 7: 00 am, a number of aftershocks and subsequent earthquakes were registered by tracking stations around the world.
- Predators were identified in each of the study areas by using tracking stations, by visual observation, and by evidence remaining at predated nest sites.
- It has a satellite tracking station in Kiribati.
- Global networks of tracking stations produce the observations that make generation of the precise ephemerides possible.
- The ground or control segment consists of several tracking stations placed at different locations over the Earth's surface, and a central ground station.
- A test this month will verify the spacecraft's ability to communicate through NASA's Deep Space Network tracking stations.
- Spy Valley takes its name from the large top-secret satellite tracking station based in the Waihopai Valley.
- New Zealand is involved in electronic surveillance already, particularly through the Waihopai Valley tracking station near Blenheim, which is part of the US-led Echelon five-nation network.
- But today the Ministry of Defence, which owns the facility, confirmed that only defence contractors working on the island's radar tracking station will now be able to use it.
- A confirmation of successful release is expected to be received from NASA's Deep Space Network tracking stations at Madrid, Spain and Goldstone, Calif., shortly before 8: 00 p.m.
- NASA's Deep Space Network tracking station in Madrid, Spain, acquired a signal at about 4:00 p.m.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.