In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trade-weighted index — índice ponderado según la balanza comercial masculine
- Its trade-weighted value has fallen 3.7% since early July, and a further decline from its exceptionally high level is likely.
- We are unaware of any trade-weighted distance-to-market measures and do not wish to create such a measure at this time.
- After the financial crisis, the trade-weighted exchange rate was allowed to fluctuate within a wide range.
- A significant depreciation of the dollar - at least another 15-20% on a trade-weighted basis, in my view - would go along way in cracking the mold of US-centric global growth.
- And the dollar is still off by only 15% from its peak three years ago, according to the Federal Reserve's trade-weighted, inflation-adjusted index.
- The comments engendered the first significant dent in the dollar's hitherto formidable momentum, as its trade-weighted index had climbed steadily to a 16-year high by early July.
- Since February, the trade-weighted dollar has declined about 10%.
- The report notes that the global trade-weighted average tariff for all types of rice is 43 percent but reaches 217 percent for Japonica rice.
- That was its estimate when the exchange rate was at 57 on the trade-weighted index.
- He said imports had grown seven percent in trade-weighted rand terms.
- A trade-weighted index is created by applying weights to the movement of relative money values based on the amount of trade between the countries.
- Moreover, the trade-weighted dollar is now higher than it was at the start of the year.
- In addition, the 9% depreciation in the trade-weighted dollar since February is tantamount to an easing in monetary policy.
- Against a Federal Reserve trade-weighted index of the currencies of major trading partners, adjusted for inflation, it has fallen 24% from its most recent peak three years ago.
- The government could also link the yuan to a trade-weighted basket of currencies rather than the U.S. dollar.
- He contemptuously dismissed any suggestion to the effect that the dollar was overvalued, or that its climb to record highs on a trade-weighted basis was becoming a source of economic instability.
- So far this year, the dollar has risen about 3.5% on a trade-weighted basis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.