In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The first French settlement was begun by fur traders in Acadia in 1604.
- However, some traders fear that the initiative will have little real effect.
- The redevelopment will be welcomed by traders in the area whose businesses have suffered.
- Many local leaders, however, continued to sell captives to illegal slave traders.
- Do stock market traders understand how politics affect the markets?
- Feeling a career in the academy would be too risky, he became a commodities trader and trading systems designer.
- Trading was conducted by traders on the floor of the pit calling out and signalling to each other.
- Stock market traders fear that the violence may reach a level where it will disrupt world oil supplies.
- So support your local market traders and enjoy fine food.
- Fluctuations in the dollar brought out the foreign currency traders.
- The story goes that Portuguese slave traders, watching Africans digging up some roots, asked what they were called.
- After all, there is no shortage of traders willing to deal in Third World debt.
- But, on Wednesday, the town's traders decided they would do it no more.
- He was convinced that the foreign opium traders had no countenance from their governments at home.
- Currency traders said some of the details of the report were not as bad as feared.
- French fur traders and explorers first visited the Rainy Lake area in the late 17th century.
- And traders complained that too many customers were getting booked while they were trying to pick up goods.
- Law-abiding traders complained after noticing a huge number of fakes on the market.
- For the traders on the floor, they all said it was a quiet day, it was a blip.
- Bringing more people into the town could also be a welcome boost for the town's traders.
- Rogue traders who are selling fireworks to kids are likely to find themselves in hot water.
2(on stock exchange)operador masculineoperadora feminine
3(ship)buque mercante masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.