In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK, in goods)comercio masculineactividad comercial femininemovimiento comercial masculine(loss/profit) de explotacióntrading account — cuenta de explotación feminine
- trading links — vínculos comerciales
- trading nation — nación comerciante
- (in UK) Trading Standards Department — Inspección de Comercio
- (in UK) Trading Standards Officer — inspector de comercio
- The practice of trading and commercialisation continues in most parts of the country.
- While scrap trading is an old activity, the scrap industry is a product of industrial life in the last two centuries.
- Others envision the city becoming the next Dubai, or even greater: the center of commerce and trading for the Gulf Region, and perhaps the entire Middle East.
- It is the very dubious activity known as proprietary trading that permits the dealers to create the positions.
- But it will not engage in high-risk speculative trading to make a profit on its own account.
- The problem is that too many rich countries preach free trade but practice protectionism, thus denying trading opportunities and markets to poor countries.
- This would allow an individual to be prosecuted in a single count for the activity of fraudulent trading, although that activity may be made up of a number of otherwise discrete offences.
- The outlet, which also includes a service area, commenced trading more than a week ago and is enjoying a very busy trade.
- There is no doubt that the concentration on agricultural liberalization brought the key concerns of fair trade and equitable trading opportunities to the forefront.
- Enormous trading activities with transportation might affect the fragile and pristine environment in an adverse manner.
- Was there evidence or did he make a statement about the extent of his motor trading activities apart from these five cars?
- But the rapid growth in online trading of financial services products also has its dangers.
- Thus the action lies where there is a real possibility of damage to some business or trading activity.
- More than 80 percent of its profits came from financial trading operations, dwarfing its earnings from pipelines and power plants.
- There you can learn how to maximize your profits with online trading as well as setting up an online business.
- None of them expressly authorised trading activities.
- They were traditionally denied land rights, and had thus developed trading as a niche activity.
- The manufacturing business contributed 50.4 per cent to group sales, compensating for flat sales in its trading business.
- It is for this reason that practising insider stock trading is a crime.
- It said the involved parties may profit or avoid losses from such trading based on insider information.
2(on stock exchange)contratación feminineoperaciones (bursátiles)trading finishes at 4 — la Bolsa cierra a las cuatro
- trading range — banda de cotización
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.