1actriz dramática feminineactriz trágica feminine
- In any genre where a happy ending is not only not guaranteed, but almost forbidden, one is likely to find a Tragedienne.
- However, she was also a tragedienne not only on-screen, but, sadly, off-screen as well.
- She was a glamorous loser, a musical comedy tragedienne, a mixture of frivolity and misfortune.
- Her skills as a tragedienne come forward in Rigoletto and even more so in La traviata, where she is an unforgettably poignant Violetta.
- She was regarded as a tragedienne and often compared to great actresses of the day.