In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(for boats, equipment)remolque masculine
- In the early days farmers would bring their churn of milk to the Creamery by what ever means was available to them, horse and cart, donkey and cart or tractor and trailer.
- The resort guests seated themselves in the passenger trailer immediately behind the cart.
- For this trip I planned to put our luggage in a small trailer and leave the backseat open so Ray could stretch out during the long driving days.
- When sawn, the lumber can be loaded onto the trailer and hauled anywhere you like.
- The marina is so large that several golf carts with trailers are driven around all day to move people and gear to and from the parking lot.
- The Land Rover was hauling a trailer with a car on it.
- Fans stood on the hillside charting the races in the fields below through binoculars, while stewards watched from a farm trailer.
- Besides more room to load, still being a farmer at heart I like to have trailers usable for many purposes, like hauling hay and helping the kids move out.
- The farmers in vehicles towing trailers will hold a silent protest starting at Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, at midday on August 2.
- Two large tractor units pulling trailers are understood to have collided on flat, open sands, four miles off the coast with no other vehicles in the immediate area.
- A big bonfire and torchlight lit the night sky as the team made their way on to the open trailer.
- Modes of transport included donkey and cart, car and trailer and even the humble wheel-barrow.
- An electric golf cart with both passenger and flatbed trailers waited on the cul-de-sac.
- ‘The owner had parked her vehicle with the trailer on the back and was unloading hay to feed her horses in a nearby field,’ he said.
- These days, trailers had open tops, passengers got on and off sidelong, and the conductor moved around on a special step.
- The fire started in a manure heap on their farm, engulfed a trailer and looked set to spread along the stable block.
1.2UScaravana femininerulot feminine Spaincasa rodante feminine Venezuela Southern Conetráiler masculine Latin Americacámper feminine Chile Mexico
- In California, huge mudslides destroyed seven trailers in a mobile home park.
- My neighbors on the land live in straw-bale homes, tents, trailers, camper vans and handcrafted woodframe houses.
- In addition to the cash assistance, we set up over 43,000 mobile homes and travel trailers.
- Put some travel trailers or mobile homes in some train yards and arrange for food and other needed goods to be brought to the communities of train workers.
- Some policies do not cover trailers and caravans.
1.3(on truck)tráiler masculineremolque masculineacoplado masculine Southern Cone
- According to a police spokesman, the driver lost control of the vehicle after his tar-laden trailer began fishtailing.
- The gang broke the padlock to a trailer attached to a lorry and removed four boxes of cigarettes and tobacco worth approximately £10,000.
- The whole purpose of the loading and unloading mechanism fitted to the vehicle was that only the push of a button was required to move the containers in and out of the trailer of the vehicle.
- Under this suspension, the Spanish Royal Guard is now authorized to enter and search the trailers and vehicles of any citizen.
- Police have now found all the lorries and trailers, but all the chocolate, wine and beer is missing.
- Motorists are being enlisted to help fight a ‘rash’ of adverts appearing on lorry trailers parked in fields across the English countryside.
- The ferry companies have begun using special carbon-dioxide detectors to test for exhaled breath in lorry trailers.
- The top end of the lorry's trailer was left hanging over the back of the car, which had to be cut out by firemen.
- Lorries and unaccompanied trailers were prevented from being loaded onto ferries, but passengers were allowed to board.
- Police are believed to have recovered one lorry trailer which had been abandoned by the gang early on Monday.
- Another dangerous situation to be avoided at all cost is to find yourself in the nearside lane being very slowly overtaken by a lorry and trailer that is moving across your path!
- The nearside trailer wheels of the articulated lorry lifted six inches from the road surface and the load leaned to the offside and into the next carriageway.
- The haulage depot's planning permission allowed a maximum of 14 heavy goods vehicles and 12 trailers.
- Tow hitches come in varying classes to match the weight capacities of the vehicle and the gross trailer weight, known as the GTW.
- The lorry's trailer was badly damaged in the incident but the driver is not believed to have been hurt.
- Then France, driving an articulated lorry and trailer, ploughed into the rear of the van, then collided with the parked Range Rover.
- Griffith punched in the codes and the back door of the trailer opened.
- The three who died were sitting at the back, and took the full impact when part of the lorry trailer became embedded in the coach.
- In fact the main thrust of the argument centred around the lorry trailer and those caravans on the site in use for agricultural purposes.
- It has a fleet of over 400 heavy goods vehicle, 900 trailers and 200 vans.
2Television Cinemaavance(s)tráiler masculine Spainsinopsis feminine Southern Conetráiler de algo masculine Spainsinopsis de algo feminine Southern Conetrailer for sth — avance(s) de algo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.