In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(for boats, equipment)remolque masculine
- Two large tractor units pulling trailers are understood to have collided on flat, open sands, four miles off the coast with no other vehicles in the immediate area.
- Besides more room to load, still being a farmer at heart I like to have trailers usable for many purposes, like hauling hay and helping the kids move out.
- The marina is so large that several golf carts with trailers are driven around all day to move people and gear to and from the parking lot.
- The resort guests seated themselves in the passenger trailer immediately behind the cart.
- The farmers in vehicles towing trailers will hold a silent protest starting at Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, at midday on August 2.
- The Land Rover was hauling a trailer with a car on it.
- Fans stood on the hillside charting the races in the fields below through binoculars, while stewards watched from a farm trailer.
- An electric golf cart with both passenger and flatbed trailers waited on the cul-de-sac.
- The fire started in a manure heap on their farm, engulfed a trailer and looked set to spread along the stable block.
- These days, trailers had open tops, passengers got on and off sidelong, and the conductor moved around on a special step.
- In the early days farmers would bring their churn of milk to the Creamery by what ever means was available to them, horse and cart, donkey and cart or tractor and trailer.
- ‘The owner had parked her vehicle with the trailer on the back and was unloading hay to feed her horses in a nearby field,’ he said.
- Modes of transport included donkey and cart, car and trailer and even the humble wheel-barrow.
- When sawn, the lumber can be loaded onto the trailer and hauled anywhere you like.
- For this trip I planned to put our luggage in a small trailer and leave the backseat open so Ray could stretch out during the long driving days.
- A big bonfire and torchlight lit the night sky as the team made their way on to the open trailer.
1.2also house trailerUScaravana femininerulot feminine Spaincasa rodante feminine Southern Cone Venezuelatráiler masculine Latin Americacámper feminine Mexico Chile
- In addition to the cash assistance, we set up over 43,000 mobile homes and travel trailers.
- Some policies do not cover trailers and caravans.
- In California, huge mudslides destroyed seven trailers in a mobile home park.
- Put some travel trailers or mobile homes in some train yards and arrange for food and other needed goods to be brought to the communities of train workers.
- My neighbors on the land live in straw-bale homes, tents, trailers, camper vans and handcrafted woodframe houses.
1.3(on truck)tráiler masculineremolque masculineacoplado masculine Southern Cone
- In fact the main thrust of the argument centred around the lorry trailer and those caravans on the site in use for agricultural purposes.
- Police are believed to have recovered one lorry trailer which had been abandoned by the gang early on Monday.
- The whole purpose of the loading and unloading mechanism fitted to the vehicle was that only the push of a button was required to move the containers in and out of the trailer of the vehicle.
- Lorries and unaccompanied trailers were prevented from being loaded onto ferries, but passengers were allowed to board.
- Then France, driving an articulated lorry and trailer, ploughed into the rear of the van, then collided with the parked Range Rover.
- Motorists are being enlisted to help fight a ‘rash’ of adverts appearing on lorry trailers parked in fields across the English countryside.
- It has a fleet of over 400 heavy goods vehicle, 900 trailers and 200 vans.
- According to a police spokesman, the driver lost control of the vehicle after his tar-laden trailer began fishtailing.
- Under this suspension, the Spanish Royal Guard is now authorized to enter and search the trailers and vehicles of any citizen.
- The gang broke the padlock to a trailer attached to a lorry and removed four boxes of cigarettes and tobacco worth approximately £10,000.
- Griffith punched in the codes and the back door of the trailer opened.
- The lorry's trailer was badly damaged in the incident but the driver is not believed to have been hurt.
- The ferry companies have begun using special carbon-dioxide detectors to test for exhaled breath in lorry trailers.
- Another dangerous situation to be avoided at all cost is to find yourself in the nearside lane being very slowly overtaken by a lorry and trailer that is moving across your path!
- Tow hitches come in varying classes to match the weight capacities of the vehicle and the gross trailer weight, known as the GTW.
- The three who died were sitting at the back, and took the full impact when part of the lorry trailer became embedded in the coach.
- The nearside trailer wheels of the articulated lorry lifted six inches from the road surface and the load leaned to the offside and into the next carriageway.
- Police have now found all the lorries and trailers, but all the chocolate, wine and beer is missing.
- The haulage depot's planning permission allowed a maximum of 14 heavy goods vehicles and 12 trailers.
- The top end of the lorry's trailer was left hanging over the back of the car, which had to be cut out by firemen.
2Television Cinemaavance masculineavances masculinetráiler masculine Spainsinopsis feminine Southern Conetrailer for sth — avances de algo masculine
- Each disc contains radio broadcasts, a trailer, and a short photo gallery.
- Top it all off with a commercial for the Broadway soundtrack and a series of studio trailers, and you have one fine presentation.
- Extras include a treasure trove of promotional spots and trailers from both the series and the feature film.
- You'll also find an original trailer for this film as well as trailers for the two sequels.
- We're offered five trailers and a seven-minute featurette, and nothing more.
- I saw the teaser trailer when it first came out.
- Aside from the trailers and featurette, disc two is devoted to storyboards.
- For those who haven't seen the movie trailers, go straight to the cinema.
- One trailer available on the original release of the film is not included here, but to no great loss.
- Both sides had the same special feature: original trailers for the film.
- Users can also watch movie trailers and order tickets for cinemas.
- The DVD doesn't cost much, and if you like trailers you're in heaven here.
- The film's original theatrical trailer is also included.
- Both the featurette and the film's widescreen theatrical trailer appear on the pan-and-scan side of the platter.
- Extras are slim, with only a trailer and an eight-minute featurette on the making of the film.
- Spoilers are everywhere - in publicity articles, in trailers, and in movie reviews.
- Also included on this disc is an anamorphic theatrical trailer for the film.
- This site contains theatrical trailers for feature films.
- There is a very complete biography of Alec Guinness and the theatrical trailer for the film.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.