In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nave de una estación feminine
- It eventually resulted in a small expansion of the train shed adding two more tracks as seen in this September 1979 photo.
- It stands in a cutting, and the hotel at the head of the platforms conceals the long, glazed vaults of the train shed.
- ‘The train shed is probably the least attractive structure in Toronto,’ said one person to general applause.
- Each has two main elements, an imposing passenger hall opening onto the city street and a tall vaulted train shed over platforms with tracks allowing smoke to clear.
- With only small adjustments to the already sturdy structural system, the one-story roof over a former train shed was covered with an extensive green roof.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.