In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Business Technologypersona que está haciendo prácticas en un puesto junto a un empleado de mayor experiencia(in a trade) aprendiz masculine(in a trade) aprendiza femininebefore noun a trainee hairdresser — un aprendiz de peluquero
- trainee manager — empleado que está haciendo prácticas de gerencia
- trainee teacher — estudiante de magisterio / pedagogía
- They then moved on to the art and design and computer areas while trainees were at work in both places.
- However, he quit after six months as a graduate trainee and joined one of the family's charities.
- The trainees will also receive training in food processing at these centres.
- We must make sure that the trainees recruited for schoolteaching are quality trainees.
- Strangest moment however came in the the queue for the buffet from a young trainee solicitor.
- This holistic approach has very naturally flowed across to the trainees.
- The trainees were schooled in spy photography and sabotage, Morse Code and minelaying.
- It will focus on the development and assessment of trainees while further tuition will be on offer where needed.
- I smiled as he talked about the limitations of his current job as a trainee solicitor.
- He already has a number of trainees working with him on a part-time basis.
- Many trainees work on student newspapers or hospital radio before embarking on a career in journalism.
- A number of our trainees will not be able to continue their training next year if their only option is to go out of the locality.
- He tells me about a dinner he held last month for the latest graduate trainees at Cadbury.
- These are skills all honed at Woolworths, which he joined as a management trainee after leaving school.
- What we have now are nine trainees who will have the confidence to go onto the next stage in their careers.
- The trainees have only an hour of theory class a day followed by six hours of practical sessions.
- It is understood none of the trainees or managers are under suspicion.
- My fellow trainees are very nice and all, but it's just not a meeting of the minds, I guess.
- Anna was one of six women among the 35 trainees on the course - and all six passed.
- The trainees and pupils planted seeds donated by the Woodville Centre, to enlarge a wild flower meadow at the school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.