In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(instruction)capacitación feminine(aircraft) de instruccióntraining will be given to all staff — todo el personal recibirá capacitación
- they've had no training in the use of the machinery — no les han enseñado a usar la maquinaria
- training flight — vuelo de entrenamiento / instrucción
- the factory serves as a training ground for new management — la fábrica es la escuela donde se forman los nuevos directivos
- training manual — manual de instrucción
- training scheme — plan de capacitación
- training school — escuela de capacitación
- He blamed the lack of vocational training in schools for the shortage of staff.
- We would do better to spend more on promoting education and training in those countries without taking the cream of the crop.
- You can have all the musical skill and training in the world, but it doesn't mean a lick if you don't love and feel what you are doing.
- We receive absolutely no training in the skills necessary for research.
- New staff receive limited training in listing procedure from the business manager and the other more experienced staff.
- The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery.
- But after he started his training in a special school, she says he has improved a lot.
- Most early childhood teachers have little or no training in early childhood special education.
- I was working as a locum house officer during my vocational training in a local teaching hospital.
- The clinical educator provides education and training in a classroom setting.
- All airlines are required to give their staff some training in first aid.
- Increased resources need to be devoted to education and training in health informatics.
- All education and training in this field is identified with one of these four sub-fields.
- It is time to include social and cultural training in the knowledge of the professional athlete as well.
- Basic training in linguistics can go a long way to foster this realization.
- I have years of education and training in telecom repair but I went for two job interviews today.
- Many traditional teachers in this study had no training in bilingual or ESL pedagogy.
- Hence, voice training is an important part of the syllabus for academic training in theatre.
- A couple of respondents felt the faculty needed additional training in order to do a good job.
- Figures released last week showed a drop in the number of 16 year olds in education and training in England.
2Sportentrenamiento masculineto be in training for sth — estar entrenando / entrenándose para algo
- to go into training for sth — empezar a entrenar(se) para algo
- A couple of divers are preparing to do some training exercises in the shallow water of the bay and the others will be diving the wreck of the Lucy later.
- I did very little training for field events, but could still throw a javelin or a shot further than most of the other girls who did it as their main event.
- They then go into a period of training and preparation before they go overseas.
- Weeks and weeks of dedicated training, preparing yourself to be in peak condition for the big night, had been for nothing.
- But the ancients would hold their own if they could be given the benefits of present-day training and diet.
- Part of our training is exercising - stretching, and a lot of running to increase our fitness.
- The two sisters are busy training and preparing for the qualifying competitions.
- It's opened my eyes about planning ahead in terms of training, diet and rest, so that you peak for games.
- There comes a time when you have to switch off and concentrate solely on your training and preparation.
- Now, suppose you have the straightforward task of training for a single event.
- Sligo's first woman to compete in a round world yacht race has finished the initial round of training for the event.
- In Ireland we have many examples of athletes who have prospered on a diet of tough training.
- The team now go into intensive training to prepare for Tipperary in the first round of the Munster championship.
- Just like an athlete, he will need a good diet and training to perform well - but he should pace himself.
- There are many safe ways to carry out physical or mental training, such as exercising in gyms or on campus.
- He said his training had prepared him well to be in combat, but he had no desire to return to battle after being wounded.
- He was also a champion of training, a racing diet and the use of vitamins.
- Maintain your diet and reduce your training to ensure your muscles are prepared.
- Jessica has not been undergoing any training for Sunday's event.
- It might be worth taking into account that my training for this event has involved two months of heavy drinking and two weeks of being quite poorly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.