In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado del ferrocarril
- That diesel doses were relatively high was assumed from the indoor conditions described, including locomotive cabs for trainmen.
- Bert, a younger trainman, walked out of the ticket booth and came towards me and the child.
- All day I struggled through translations with a pocket dictionary, and was rewarded by getting to know the trainmen and hearing them talk about their experiences in the narrow gauge past.
- But the diesel kept going, because the hostler, not being a trainman, had never thought of trying the coupling.
- Neurobehavioral evaluations of the electricians and trainmen were paid for by other law firms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.