In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(deal)transacción feminineoperación femininea business transaction — una transacción / operación comercial
- Property rights in slaves and their labor can be bought and sold via market transactions.
- Who wants to go offline to complete an online payment transaction, anyway?
- We looked at the numbers and saw that the transaction costs in a public social-security programme are much lower than in a private one.
- The current overdraft rate of 13.5 % APR applies as well as the normal ATM transaction fee.
- The system handles 100,000 transactions involving more than $500 million each day.
- Whereas equities and bonds are easy to buy and sell, property transactions are more complicated, more costly and consequently less frequent.
- The application of the rule creates considerable practical difficulties in commercial property transactions.
- Taking all the factors into consideration, there was not a commercial transaction conducted at arms length.
- Online electronic financial transactions have the potential to save thousands.
- Failure to meet these requirements could result in the loan being deemed a taxable transaction.
- Likewise, the author of a psychiatry self-help book and his customers are engaging in a commercial transaction.
- The majority of financial transactions are conducted either by cheques or electronically.
- The figures show a similar trend to those for the whole of the UK, with more buy transactions than sell transactions over the course of last year.
- In Britain, one fraudulent credit card transaction takes place every eight seconds.
- In the past, credit card transactions were generally completed within a 120-day cycle.
- However, every regular payment product currently has a transaction fee of £3.
- Even electronic transactions take up to three days to process!
- I was fortunate to witness several great items that were sold in private transactions.
- The elimination of currency transaction costs only arises where two or more countries use a single currency.
- Ecommerce represents buying and selling transactions using the Internet.
- In 1938, Mott and Littleton published a seminal paper in Transactions of the Faraday Society on the calculation of defect energies in NaCl.
- These transactions are available for online access (papers are placed on the web once they are accepted), and also released as hardcopy once per year.
- The Western Section of The Wildlife Society is pleased to announce the online availability of all papers published in the ‘Transactions of the Western Section of The Wildlife Society’.
- It was published in the Transactions of the New Zealand Institute (1896) and contains a description of a time-apparatus capable of measuring time intervals of a hundred-thousandth of a second.
2formal(act of transacting)negociación feminine
3(of learned body)anales
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.